Lemonade from Lemons

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lemonade from Lemons

Lemonade from Lemons

To try to get something positive out of this mess if possible, I decided to start goals for a month. Anyone want to join me? Post your time limit and goals here, then post daily on progress.

My main ones:

1) Finish at least three short-short stories per week.
    2) Lose five pounds.
    3) Some kind of work out for an hour a day, even if it's easy like just dancing to the radio or going for a walk. (Arms must also be done at least every other day though).

Youse?

1. Finish the first draft of my script and hand it over to my beta.

2. Find my digital camera. I've been looking for it for close to a year. It has to be in here somewhere.

3. Yes, exercise. Did some pushups yesterday. Sore as hell today as it has been a while. Tomorrow I will get all the crap (and dust) off the weight bench, stare at it for a while, and say "...nah."

4. Read the entire internet.

5. Make lemonade!

I think I'll add things to the list as I go. There are a lot of things I could get done this month that I've been putting off.

Right now, I'm looking at a couple dozen stories that I've been too lazy to send out. A lot of them need more work but some of them are ready to go, I think.

My goals:

* exercise something
    * clean out the refrigerator
    * clean out the closets
    * read
    * read some more
    * watch less TV
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

I wish I could be quarantined...but alas...I am essential personnel.
    I even have an official letter to present in case there are checkpoints.
    Ugghhh
    I could live with a few weeks of being quarantined.

I got six stories sent out today.

Six stories in one day, I'm impressed!

Great idea, Ma'am. We think alike. When we first went into self-isolation I decided the only way to survive this was to set myself daily goals. IT was tough at first due to sever anxiety issues but then I got into the rhythm.

* Study Portuguese an hour per day. (2 x 30 mins slots)
    * Write a poem or story every day and keep a diary.
    * Play my handpan
    * grow as many of my own veg as I can so I have a constant supply of salad crop through the summer. This may seem simple but growing everything from seed so it is ready for continual harvesting is taking some co-ordination. Any surplus seedling I pass on to friends and encourage them to do the same. It's going to be a long summer.

I must add submissions to the list, thanks for the reminder
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I got six stories sent out today.
    Wow!! Fantastic!! Congratulations!

Got a lot of stuff done today for settling in for the longer term at home. Which is good because husband and I both feel a tad under the weather tonight and are wondering if we've caught you-know-what. I almost wish we did so we could get it over with and quit worrying about it. Unless we get it horribly bad. Or unless you can get it more than once. Or... Yeah, that was a dumb idea; nevermind.

Also vacuumed, did laundry, cooked and sorted through some stuff blah blah blah. Got two more stories tweaked and sent out too. Now I am finally settling in to write for a while. Guess I get an "F" for the workout today, again.
    Last edited by Ma'am; March 27th, 2020 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Got a lot of stuff done today for settling in for the longer term at home. Which is good because husband and I both feel a tad under the weather tonight and are wondering if we've caught you-know-what. I almost wish we did so we could get it over with and quit worrying about it. Unless we get it horribly bad. Or unless you can get it more than once. Or... Yeah, that was a dumb idea; nevermind.

Also vacuumed, did laundry, cooked and sorted through some stuff blah blah blah. Got two more stories tweaked and sent out too. Now I am finally settling in to write for a while. Guess I get an "F" for the workout today, again.
    Hopefully you do not have "you know what" and are feeling better today... my thoughts will be with you and your family and I expect an update

You all are so busy and doing stuff and I am struggling to be force myself to get into a routine... if not for Smoooch, I probably would not get off the couch, but she is very demanding...

I probably should clean my bedroom... and do laundry... but ... well, that is a definite maybe....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast