Flight Of The Reaper

Thread: Flight Of The Reaper

Blog Entries

Flight Of The Reaper

This is the best shit I ever wrote.

My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Yooo this shit is fire!

At first I was like "Damn, I wish he kept those first few seconds going on a little bit longer in the intro." Like from the 2 to 6 second mark, that tone or whatever you want to call it, the color that emerges from the arrangement of those notes is a killer intro.

Then at the 1 minute mark I knew shit was about to get real.

I don't know shit about music so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But on the whole, the song has this classic undertone to it. By "classic" I just mean like the hard rock and heavy metal from the 80s and 90s. At a couple spots I had inklings of Dave Mustaine; hope you don't take that as an insult. But then at other parts it felt surprisingly "modern(?)"; like something akin to what I'd hear from a new band in that genre. A few parts to me sounded like something that might have come from early Avenged Sevenfold, with those ascending notes.

You've got talent man. I obviously can't critique form or execution or anything like that, but it's a fucking demo anyway. A sick demo.
    Hidden Content

Self-proclaimed weeb. Reclaim the word.

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Yooo this shit is fire!

At first I was like "Damn, I wish he kept those first few seconds going on a little bit longer in the intro." Like from the 2 to 6 second mark, that tone or whatever you want to call it, the color that emerges from the arrangement of those notes is a killer intro.

Then at the 1 minute mark I knew shit was about to get real.

I don't know shit about music so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But on the whole, the song has this classic undertone to it. By "classic" I just mean like the hard rock and heavy metal from the 80s and 90s. At a couple spots I had inklings of Dave Mustaine; hope you don't take that as an insult. But then at other parts it felt surprisingly "modern(?)"; like something akin to what I'd hear from a new band in that genre. A few parts to me sounded like something that might have come from early Avenged Sevenfold, with those ascending notes.

You've got talent man. I obviously can't critique form or execution or anything like that, but it's a fucking demo anyway. A sick demo.
    Hey, thanks a lot bro.

I recorded it all in one take literally the day after I finished composing it.

The intro is definitely not a new composition, I just stapled it on to the top of the song because the riff leading into the arpeggio section uses a similar chord shape and it added a whole extra minute of music to the song.

I composed the intro YEARS ago but never did anything with it until this.

Also yes, Dave is one of my main influences in music.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot bro.

I recorded it all in one take literally the day after I finished composing it.

The intro is definitely not a new composition, I just stapled it on to the top of the song because the riff leading into the arpeggio section uses a similar chord shape and it added a whole extra minute of music to the song.

I composed the intro YEARS ago but never did anything with it until this.

Also yes, Dave is one of my main influences in music.
    It's always a good feeling when you finally find some use for something you made a long time ago.

And Dave Mustaine is a very fine choice for musical influence.

Megadeth and Metallica were the first bands my dad showed me; a Greatest Hits album by Megadeth and the Black Album by Metallica.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    It's always a good feeling when you finally find some use for something you made a long time ago.

And Dave Mustaine is a very fine choice for musical influence.

Megadeth and Metallica were the first bands my dad showed me; a Greatest Hits album by Megadeth and the Black Album by Metallica.
    My main influences as an early composer were Megadeth, Kreator, Overkill, Manowar, Whiplash, and Destruction.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    My main influences as an early composer were Megadeth, Kreator, Overkill, Manowar, Whiplash, and Destruction.
    I am proud to say that I've heard of Kreator, Overkill, and Manowar. Usually in comment sections on Megadeth videos, oddly enough. I've never listened to music by them though, only Megadeth.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I am proud to say that I've heard of Kreator, Overkill, and Manowar. Usually in comment sections on Megadeth videos, oddly enough. I've never listened to music by them though, only Megadeth.
    God, you're missing out.

Kreator's entire discography is fucking godlike, Overkill has like 4 phenomenal albums, and Manowar basically invented Viking Metal.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Drop some links of what you think I should check out! I'm always looking for new music, even if it's "old" music. Ain't got nothing better to do during this fucking quarantine lol. Except maybe homework.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Drop some links of what you think I should check out! I'm always looking for new music, even if it's "old" music. Ain't got nothing better to do during this fucking quarantine lol. Except maybe homework.
    I sent you a PM with some of my favorites.

Smoke weed everyday.