Sentence Challenge

Thread: Sentence Challenge

Sentence Challenge

Okay folks, here's a quick brief sentence. I'd like to know what you all think might be going on here:

"Andrea, Karen, and Emma all had their arms around each other. All three of them smiled together."

The scenario or reason for the three of them being in this situation can be whatever you wanted it to be.

Have fun!

They could be anything from lovers, to best friends posing for a photo, or all three of them hatching a plan to seize control over every living soul and crush it to dust under their Cole Haans.

Also, I would write the sentence, "Andrea, Karen, and Emma, all smiling, had their arms around each other." or perhaps, "Andrea, Karen, and Emma had their arms around each other, all of them smiling."

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    They could be anything from lovers, to best friends posing for a photo, or all three of them hatching a plan to seize control over every living soul and crush it to dust under their Cole Haans.
    Regardless, whilst the three of them sat, a sentient meteor knocked three centimers off course owing to a brief stint of interplanetary road rage between itself and a recklessly shooting star careened rapidly toward them, fully intending to wipe what was now the wrong planet off the face of the transuniversal map.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I misunderstood the game. In that case, I think the three main characters are good friends who at just that moment are about to be wiped off the planet--unless they collect their wits and execute some gnarly shenanigans.

I don't know why, but in my mind they are floating in the ocean, facing the possibility of their own deaths.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Andrea, Karen and Emma decided that the best way to increase the herd immunity of their country is to spread Covid-19 faster than the current rate of infection. That's why they disregarded the social distancing rules and put their arms around each other to fasten the transmission. They smiled knowing that their trips to random super markets later in the day will achieve their super spreading goal.
    Last edited by Mish; March 22nd, 2020 at 05:02 AM.
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

They're dead. The smile effect is because of rigor.
    Hidden Content

Never pet a burning dog.

okay guys. I'm going to give you all a little bit of help here. These three women are on a camping trip. That's the hint.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaStory90 View Post
    okay guys. I'm going to give you all a little bit of help here. These three women are on a camping trip. That's the hint.
    Lol I thought you said the scenario could be whatever we wanted. I wanted them to be floating in the ocean so that's where they are

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

yes id did, didn't i? silly me

It also said that it was 'A quick, brief sentence'. But actually it is two.

bd Charles. It is a camping trip, they are sea scouts, they drowned trying to put the tent up. Like RWK suggested the smile is rigor
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content