you could see that smile
    That you chose not to.
    You held another hand,
    You saw another smile,
    You painted your sky crimson again,
    And, mine stayed blue.
    For more reads, please have a look at my blog: Hidden Content

Have a good day!

I enjoyed the metaphors. Turning the sky red or blue which has symbolism because of the color which is very strong imagery. Color is a strong symbol. Munich 's painting the scream used red to great efect. It has nothing to do with heartbreak or love. It has to do with other things such as violence, maybe death. Red is a strong color. If anything colors have a lot of symbolism. The person is choosing a color which means many more things. Maybe I think the title reveals a lot. Also your poems subject I wished were more original than I would encounter probably when reading such a poem. I am new at critiquing poems. That said I think I felt the emotions. A small humble tip. I am a personal fan of symbolism in poetry. It's a sad poem and maybe even angry. As I am writing this I do wonder if blue sky in this case means sad. While on a 3rd reading it could mean angry in the subcontext of your poem. So I think you did justice to describing the personal experience. I wish it were more obvious some of metaphors. They are deep. That is the depth a poem's meaning can have. It varies from person to person. I did have a literature class where they discussed Munich and poetry. I even counted syllables in the class. So you know that I really did not make it up.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Fantastic frame for fairweather friendships. The difficulty the lead faced from a sudden change in this scenic slice of their life was expressed with tenderness and care. The invocation presented by the piece may provoke resentment in readers resonating closely with the scenario-- but it definitely does not seem the lead is miserably seeking company. Someone could see a silver lining, the sky colors are subjective-- the grass can be green again if you water it.