Coronavirus related conversation - Page 4

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus related conversation

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    That is horrible! I think, if we find it containable at all, the reason it won't be will be because of what you just described, Carole. I read an article this morning about a university professor (New Hampshire) who, last Friday, was told to quarantine at home because he had flu-like symptoms, but went to a college mixer on Friday night anyway. On Monday he was diagnosed with corona virus, and has now potentially infected all of the kids and staff at that mixer. No consequences for his behavior was reported, and the question was asked, what do you do with people who refuse to comply with recommended quarantine? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know the probable result. It could be a real life disaster movie. So sad and it makes me angry.
    Follow them with a little robot helicopter that shouts “cooties! cooties!” Until they go home.

In my typical "whistling past the graveyard," I'm thinking that 7.5 billion "little miracles" is clearly ENOUGH!! Time to start culling the herd and maybe knock the population down by about a third... That oughta' do nicely. Yep Yep!
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

It must be a nightmare for those whose immune system or that of a loved one is compromised. I guess you'd just have to try to stay largely isolated for the time being.

I've heard it might improve with warmer weather but don't know if that's accurate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	25503

It's fine...everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    It must be a nightmare for those whose immune system or that of a loved one is compromised. I guess you'd just have to try to stay largely isolated for the time being.

I've heard it might improve with warmer weather but don't know if that's accurate.
    Trump is an expert on that too!
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ow-coronavirus
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Name:	Corona Beer.jpg 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	25507

Name:	corona beer virus meme.jpeg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	25508

From what I hear, hand sanitizer is sold out everywhere around here. But apparently, you can make your own from alcohol and aloe vera. But hand sanitizer supposedly kills the good germs too and makes them grow back last, unlike soap and water?

I am also wondering about the non-perishable food issue. I've read that people should get a month's supply of it in case they have to stay home and/or because they're expecting the store shelves to be emptied as others stock up. So if you don't get it now, then there might not be any left. But then, many people can't afford to buy a month's worth of non-perishables at a time so that would leave nothing for them.

So far, I've pretty much done nothing different. I wash my hands a lot anyway. Youse?
    Last edited by Ma'am; March 8th, 2020 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    From what I hear, hand sanitizer is sold out everywhere around here. But apparently, you can make your own from alcohol and aloe vera. But hand sanitizer supposedly kills the good germs too and makes them grow back last, unlike soap and water?

I am also wondering about the non-perishable food issue. I've read that people should get a month's supply of it in case they have to stay home and/or because they're expecting the store shelves to be emptied as others stock up. So if you don't get it now, then there might not be any left. But then, many people can't afford to buy a month's worth of non-perishables at a time so that would leave nothing for them.

So far, I've pretty much done nothing different. I wash my hands a lot anyway. Youse?
    A month worth of food can be purchased pretty economically. Mine is all rice, dried beans, canned vegetables / meat, and butter in the freezer.

Edit: Actually, I forgot to pick up butter. I still need paper products as well. I did manage to get half a dozen bottles of wine and some boxes of stove top. Plus I have my big ol' blue water barrel from Field and Stream, though I should get another.
    Last edited by JohnCalliganWrites; March 10th, 2020 at 04:49 AM.

Apparently, the early symptoms of coronavirus mimic OCD; people start washing their hands a lot more before experiencing a compulsion to go out and stockpile toilet rolls, pasta, porridge, and rice. If you have been experiencing such symptoms, you're probably infected already.