Coronavirus related conversation - Page 43

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33353637383940414243

Thread: Coronavirus related conversation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Well there must be some reason why all have traced it back to one area in China. They cant all be wrong.
    That's not the point, no one is denying the origin.

There is no geo-political conspiracy to name viruses. It wasn't called the China virus, I am guessing based on evidence, because it is not limited to China, whereas MERS is primarily a disease in the Middle East.

The point you seem not to get is that forcing the issue and calling it the 'China virus' reeks of personal bias to many of us. You can try to argue around it but my observation hasn't changed. Honestly,a big piece of evidence is the energy you seem to be putting into denying that.
    "Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    That's not the point, no one is denying the origin.

There is no geo-political conspiracy to name viruses. It wasn't called the China virus, I am guess based on evidence, because it is not limited to China, whereas MERS is primarily a disease in the Middle East.

The point you seem not to get is that forcing the issue and calling it the 'China virus' reeks of personal bias to many of us. You can try to argue around it but my observation hasn't changed. Honestly,a big piece of evidence is the energy you seem to be putting into denying that.
    No my point is and always has been if you go back is where we are told we cant say this or think that because we are being something we never were or intended to be. After all if it was down to being racist I am sure even the meekest of us could come up with something far more vindictive if we wanted to.

Blog Entries
    I never said you cannot or should not say it one way or another. I've just been discussing your choices and wondering about them. As far as that goes, I have nothing more to say on the matter as I think the deceased equine has been well-pummeled. Peace.
    "Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Why does it matter: China virus, Spanish flu, SARS or whatever?!!! Let's not get bent out of shape over what?

For goodness sake, people are dying across the world, the global economy has taken a nosedive and there will be mass poverty as many companies will never reopen. The governments are making promises re financial support that they are yet to fulfill ... I can't even begin to imagine the heartache for the poor families in Italy and Spain (worst affected so far) who have lost, and are still losing, their loved ones as the crisis escalates. Please, I beg you, just pause for a moment to consider the exhausted healthcare professionals who are on the front line EVERY day without adequate protection. The delivery drivers who deliver essentials and the staff at supermarkets etc. etc. And we are arguing about what to call the virus. Unbelievable!!

The worst is yet to come. We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg ...

Who knew a humble food market in Chinese city of Wuhan would bring the world to its knees. There's me thinking the end of the world as we know it would be an alien invasion or another World War... or whatever.

AHHHHMEN! I agree.... You will NOT give a flyin' $#*! Where it came from, if one of your loved one's is dying, in desperate need of medical attention, and there is none...

and you will NOT give a flyin' $#@% what percent of what population it hits the hardest... if one of your loved one's die.... it will be a 100 percent loss to you...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    I think in times like these it is not a case of blame but on how we can all help to beat this virus or atleast minimise its effects as best we can.

We can play the blame game over and over but it won't help anyone or change anything. Who cares where it originated from, we should be caring about how we can help to slow or stop it. (IMO)
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Blog Entries
    “If we have between 100,000 and 200,000 [deaths from the coronavirus], we’ve all together done a very good job.”
    ~ Donald J. Trump

To a normal human being, even one death is too many.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    “If we have between 100,000 and 200,000 [deaths from the coronavirus], we’ve all together done a very good job.”
    ~ Donald J. Trump

To a normal human being, even one death is too many.
    With something this bad deaths will be inevitable unfortunately, we have no cure for this virus. Limiting the damage is all we can do. Leaders can not sugar coat things, they have a role to appear strong and spin everything in a positive way to stop panic. I am in no way saying that Trump is correct with this statement, but it is also very easy to cast doubt or to argue what should be done whe it is someone else having to make these decisions I think.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

ENOUGH! This thread is locked for 24 hours. Now take it to Dante's.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content