Coronavirus related conversation - Page 3

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus related conversation

As someone with OCD bad enough to warrant disability payments and two kinds of medications, and whose obsessions are largely centered around germs, contamination and infections, the fact that I don't give a frog's fat ass about the coronavirus should speak volumes.

Don't panic... Don't panic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200218_161405353_HDR.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	25489

new pair of slippers for hospital/stadium
    Last edited by escorial; March 4th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Today I went to the local pharmacy to buy a couple of face masks and alcohol disinfectant hand spray. (My husband is one of the people at high risk). While I was queuing, a customer at the counter was coughing into the air without any attempt to cover his mouth or use a handkerchief. Not only that, he coughed straight into the face of the pharmacist who was serving him. I was horrified. When it was my turn to be served I asked the pharmacist, given the current situation with Coronavirus, WHY the staff are not wearing masks? Poor guy looked at me and then to the Boss ... and replied they are not allowed to wear them yet! Then shrugged his shoulders.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Today I went to the local pharmacy to buy a couple of face masks and alcohol disinfectant hand spray. (My husband is one of the people at high risk). While I was queuing, a customer at the counter was coughing into the air without any attempt to cover his mouth or use a handkerchief. Not only that, he coughed straight into the face of the pharmacist who was serving him. I was horrified. When it was my turn to be served I asked the pharmacist, given the current situation with Coronavirus, WHY the staff are not wearing masks? Poor guy looked at me and then to the Boss ... and replied they are not allowed to wear them yet! Then shrugged his shoulders.
    That is horrible! I think, if we find it containable at all, the reason it won't be will be because of what you just described, Carole. I read an article this morning about a university professor (New Hampshire) who, last Friday, was told to quarantine at home because he had flu-like symptoms, but went to a college mixer on Friday night anyway. On Monday he was diagnosed with corona virus, and has now potentially infected all of the kids and staff at that mixer. No consequences for his behavior was reported, and the question was asked, what do you do with people who refuse to comply with recommended quarantine? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know the probable result. It could be a real life disaster movie. So sad and it makes me angry.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post
    As someone with OCD bad enough to warrant disability payments and two kinds of medications, and whose obsessions are largely centered around germs, contamination and infections, the fact that I don't give a frog's fat ass about the coronavirus should speak volumes.
    Your issues are physiological and you are obviously not 'AT RISK': aka Heart disease, low-immunity, AS, Emphysema to name a few. We don't live in a bubble. Our community is multi-national and travels all over Europe... many have just returned from Italy, France, Spain, Tenerife and UK from areas that are affected. Italy being the worst.

That is horrible! I think, if we find it containable at all, the reason it won't be will be because of what you just described, Carole. I read an article this morning about a university professor (New Hampshire) who, last Friday, was told to quarantine at home because he had flu-like symptoms, but went to a college mixer on Friday night anyway. On Monday he was diagnosed with corona virus, and has now potentially infected all of the kids and staff at that mixer. No consequences for his behavior was reported, and the question was asked, what do you do with people who refuse to comply with recommended quarantine? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know the probable result. It could be a real life disaster movie. So sad and it makes me angry.
    It's just plain selfish. He should be sacked.

Because of my husband's medical condition we have to take the warnings seriously. Even our daughter told us to cancel our visit to France.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Now I am wondering if my mom and dad should wear these masks when they go to hospitals. A similar situation was present. People coughed and did not cover their mouths. And even my oldest brother that works with a lot of people since his one of the bosses in his own job should probably wear a mask.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

I'll have to start eating pizzas, because that's all they can fit under the door.

The end is nigh..BONo...will save us

If only the world would listen to him...the world of pop music will save humanity...

I just hope the Royal family survive..as the prince said..there are to many people in the world

Last edited by escorial; March 6th, 2020 at 08:13 PM.