literally need advice on how to un$&W# myself

Thread: literally need advice on how to un$&W# myself

literally need advice on how to un$&W# myself

so back before 2000 something every website and motivational speaker was telling people to publicly announce your goals so that people will keep you accountable.. so I did. so now in 2020 after I check back on the subject the same experts are saying don't do that you will never keep them then...0.o.. does anyone else feel betrayed by this. literally I followed their advice and now there is no advice on how to unscrew yourself. especially since I know dopamine is a factor in this and you get a hit of dopamine every time some one congratulates you.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

You are probably in similar situation to me. Since my birthday is on the 31st next month. I decided on getting a microphone headset. Buying a recommended one should fix your grammar. However, it is not cheap. The advantage of a headset is comfort and accuracy is increased (for speech recongition this is a good thing since it is closer to the mouth). This could boost your self-esteem.

DEC SpeechWare FlexyMike Dual Ear Cardioid (DEC) (189 on knowbrainer)
    The adpator is 159 which must be purchased together. (speechware speechmatic USB multiadapter) (on knownbrainer)

Since you can communicate I assume with a lot of confidence without problems talking and don't get corrected. That is what I would buy if I were you in Christmas and on your birthday. I think you work. Forget editing costs. You can save them.

Also, I tried to buy dragon 15 but I think it's not genuine (on ebay. I don't know what the seller was thinking at the time since it costed me 10). Which means I will rely on websites to do the dictation which is 90% max on dictanote accurate versus 99.3 for dragon speaking software with this microphone. I don't know how good the microphone is with dictanote (accuracy). But it supposedly is the best headset designed for dictation. There's also dragon home which is 150 and ebay if you are lucky enough.

I'll take my chances. I wish I had not sold my microphone to pursue a course in film making. I no longer have trust for people who sell those creative writing services (although I chose a course on how to write movies).

https://dictanote.co/contact-us/

This website I tried before and will try again. As you can see the company is dictanote. It's the best headset on the market if I could make a guess. Dictanote is the best alternative to dragon 15 professional (300 dollars), and costs only 3 dollars a month and has a free version I believe. Speechware is a trusted company that manufactures microphones.

Ask all of your family on days such as birthdays and on Christmas, and you should be able to get something like it eventually. Editing is expensive in the long run. I believe you can do it. Just because editing can add up to hundreds in the long run using it. That's my best advice. (I read in your book you would review anime to pay for editing. This should be a much better option as I read your books and know that your grammar can be improved).

Or locate a social worker to go find a job that pays well. Their job is usually to help the mental health community. Working is a great motivator since you feel rewarded. (consult your psychiatrist for a free social worker. The government pays for mental health services in many cases).

I am not sure but dopamine is associated with exercise. That is when it is released. You need a healthy exercise routine and to wake up at the same time every day and establish a time to do so every day. Ask for someone to monitor your computer use during the morning and night (don't take afternoon naps). Take natural remedies to sleep early such as tea. Insomnia could also be a problem for mental health patients.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; February 28th, 2020 at 10:43 PM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Always keep in mind that the Motivational Guru is out to make money. The flimflam you get is not worth a crooked cent. Smile and say to yourself... I have your number Dick Head.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunox View Post
    so back before 2000 something every website and motivational speaker was telling people to publicly announce your goals so that people will keep you accountable.. so I did. so now in 2020 after I check back on the subject the same experts are saying don't do that you will never keep them then...0.o.. does anyone else feel betrayed by this. literally I followed their advice and now there is no advice on how to unscrew yourself. especially since I know dopamine is a factor in this and you get a hit of dopamine every time some one congratulates you.

Last edited by Plasticweld; March 18th, 2020 at 09:42 PM.

ty.. all three of you... I will be trying to write tonight.. maybe staying up to do so. I am a bit hypomanic and my cat seems ready to sing the song of it's people all night...{a.k.a meow for the entire night} so I will be trying to get some writing done. especially after a first pass on redoing a first chapter. I hope for my sack I don't fall asleep.

edit.. I feel asleep last night.
    Last edited by kunox; February 28th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Still better to set goals than not to because then you at least have something to aim for.

For the rest of it, though, the follow-through, the dopamine hits, the depths of despair, the eating of many carbs in deep depression over realizing you're probably not going to hit that goal, etc. I can only offer Yoda: "There is no try, there is only do."

I think there are at least three separate issues here:

1) A credible expert giving out advice that a lot of people trust, then changing their advice without explanation. That is not a good look on them and can definitely have poor effects on the people who trusted their original advice and acted on it. Agreed.

2) Then, there is still the issue of what you want to do now that needs to be decided (or re-decided):

Do you think it's better to tell people your plans to help hold yourself accountable, or not?

Then, do that. Or if you're not sure, consider something in between, such as only telling one person. Hopefully, someone who is uplifting to you rather than negative to you. And/or only tell one goal at a time and keep the rest to yourself until the first one is reached. Whatever you think will help the most. And remember, telling people or not is not the main issue; setting reasonable goals and reaching them is the main issue.

3) There are also many factors that figure in to help or hinder anyone in reaching their goals. All I'd add on that is that if you are not reaching your goals, consider setting smaller goals and fewer goals. It's not fun or motivational to repeatedly try and fail. And it is more likely if you are unintentionally being too hard on yourself, considering where you're at at the time.

Sometimes we are more capable, sometimes less. At a low point, just getting showered and dressed in the morning might be a good goal to shoot for. Good luck.

ETA: If the goal of getting a chapter done doesn't happen more than once in a row, I'd change that to a page and see how that goes.

multiple post with good points.. I will be considering now.....