Need help from potheads.

Thread: Need help from potheads.

Blog Entries

Need help from potheads.

I have a problem with a finished novel about life after a US government experience wiped out most of Earth’s population.

One set of survivors thrives by selling marijuana to its neighbors. To keep the buyers from raising their own, my survivors comb all seeds from the pot and roast them. Then they’re mixed with shredded leaves and sold that way.

My problem comes from knowing little about growing or selling the stuff. As a teen, I smoked it occasionally, but that’s all. Is that a viable way to process the stuff for sale? If so, would roasting the seeds kill them without ruining their effects?

No hurry. That novel has been sitting around for thirty years.
    Hvysmker

Them usual method of growing without seeds is simply to weed out all the male plants, however the pollen is wind carried so it is not fail-safe. The seeds are round and roll well. it is fairly easy to separate them when they are ripe with a tilted tray. The active ingredient evaporates at quite a low temperature, roasting might not be a good idea without close temperature control, probably not available to them.

They could collect the resin and make hashish, no seeds, easier to handle and transport, and it is a step away from the plant so easier to keep secret where it comes from.

They could make a tea to present it in an edible form.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Thanks Olly. That version of an apocalypse leaves technology and scatterings of trained farmers and metalworkers. Both the sifting and controlling of temperatures would be easy. Most of the story occurs near Toledo, Ohio, which still contains around 500 people of every type and skill level. Only one short-lived wild biker gang, though.