Any Swedes or Swedish experts?

Thread: Any Swedes or Swedish experts?

Question Any Swedes or Swedish experts?

I have a character who grew up in Sweden and I am having trouble finding all of the information I need online or in books. So, it would be helpful if there were any Swedish people around who could occasionally answer a question for me about their country!

An example would be:

Is it true that Swedes say the time is half-nine, meaning it's 8:30 rather than 9:30 which would be the British way? Does this lead to a lot of confusion when speaking English to Brits and Americans?

If you happen to know someone who is Swedish outside of the forum that would be okay to if you can paste answers here for them or whatever works!

Thanks for any help!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_a...tion_in_Sweden Would seem to indicate that you are correct.
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.