Lumino - style questions - Page 6

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lumino - style questions

Quote Originally Posted by lumino View Post
    Why is everyone telling me to smoke pot?
    I think it is code for 'Relax and get into it'. On the whole the things that are fun to read were fun to write, the things that are no fun to read were no fun to write. When I say ' fun to write' I mean pleasurable, not trivial. I remember seeing a man who had won a Nobel prize for physics asked if it was really hard. He replied, "No, anyone who had been as interested as I was could have done it." I am not sure it is altogether true, but you get the point. What makes a piece of writing work is the writer's passion. Things like bad grammar and poor spelling or word choice can make it fail, but passion makes it work.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

How do you write your forum posts?

Do you outline? Do you write a rough draft and polish it?

I don't think I understand the question, Lumino. There is no real format for simple posts. Most people, I think, just write what they want to know, or say, without any structure. I, for one, never even think of doing a rough draft. Maybe there are those who do, but I feel most of the posts are just impromptu, like this one.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Looks like the pot is kicking in.
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

"Perhaps I write for no one. Perhaps for the same person children are writing for when they scrawl their names in the snow."

“Remember this: Dumbo didn’t need the feather; the magic was in him. ”

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    For a forum post? I vomit words up onto the page. Actually, come to think of it, that's how I write in general.

Self-editing is lies!

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Also find a book that explains how to retell a story. If you will reading will then assist you. For example write from a different perspective of a character. Just a different example but how about Cinderella or snow white as fables. How would events change if these character did this, or reacted differently? This will keep you reading to find the answers to those questions. Change it drastically every time for now to avoid of being accused of plagiarism. Also read what is considered plagiarism in fiction.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; February 14th, 2020 at 03:55 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Relax lumino. Maybe you are feeling tired. Sometimes we hit the hard times. What you need is to feel better. (no sorry no pot reminder for today) I've seen your last post. Feel reassured it has happened to everyone.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    No, I just write what I'm thinking, go back over it to make sure I expressed it how I wanted to, and hit 'post' when I figure I'm saying what I want to say. So there's a certain amount of editing but I would only plan/outline a post if it's going to cover several points and I'm concerned that I get to everything.

For writing that I post I do plan, edit, rewrite, polish.

I'm sorry you've lost a deeply close friend, that is one of the worst feelings, I think.
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Like the others, I simply write what I think. I will go back and edit if I notice a typo but that's about as far as I go.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Are pronouns and auxillaries stressed?

What about is and was?

They seem to have more weight than articles and prepositions.