Undecided between two WWII female characters - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Undecided between two WWII female characters

Oh you're right. Well I could make a plausible excuse for her human genes and werewolf powers to take on a more human effect so it happens sooner. Or since with wolves it's yearly, this could of been the time it was ready to happen after one year already passed. Another excuse I can say is magic or experiments that had some imbalance effect on her.

Thanks. The problem with the background though is the date wont make sense whether I choose to make her German or from the Baltic states.

I'd just have her be from whatever group makes sense to the story.

It would be different if you were, say, writing a re-make of the Planet of the Apes and making all the apes Black people in the U.S. But just having the werewolf be from whatever community would be likely, I don't think that's a problem. I'd think it would only be offensive if the werewolf then had stereotypical, demeaning features or behaviors that are associated with that ethnic group. So now my husband is shaking his head "no" when I try to even list some lol. Good luck with it. It sounds fun.
    Last edited by Ma'am; February 16th, 2020 at 12:53 AM.

A Jewish German would have the potential for a tighter plot if that's what you're looking for. The werewolf twist is great it leaves a lot of possibilities.

Blog Entries
    It's a small world. I myself am using werewolves in my story. It's honestly quite fun to here what spins others will bring to the craft of writing. On the subject of cycles I went with a mix of human and wolf traits, so while the female werewolves have a monthly cycle in my series they also have a period were they go into heat and become more eager to find a mate. It's been fascinating recreating several fictitious species from the ground up.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I'd just have her be from whatever group makes sense to the story.

It would be different if you were, say, writing a re-make of the Planet of the Apes and making all the apes Black people in the U.S. But just having the werewolf be from whatever community would be likely, I don't think that's a problem. I'd think it would only be offensive if the werewolf then had stereotypical, demeaning features or behaviors that are associated with that ethnic group. So now my husband is shaking his head "no" when I try to even list some lol. Good luck with it. It sounds fun.
    Sounds good to me As long as I handle it well and don't make it seem any way connected to any kind of stereotype. That's why I'm thinking she could've been experimented on or cursed into a werewolf so it won't seem like I'm putting on any type of label, which of course I'm not but some will take it that way if she was born from a family of werewolves.

Quote Originally Posted by sedated riot View Post
    A Jewish German would have the potential for a tighter plot if that's what you're looking for. The werewolf twist is great it leaves a lot of possibilities.
    I'll think about it and see how well it works

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    It's a small world. I myself am using werewolves in my story. It's honestly quite fun to here what spins others will bring to the craft of writing. On the subject of cycles I went with a mix of human and wolf traits, so while the female werewolves have a monthly cycle in my series they also have a period were they go into heat and become more eager to find a mate. It's been fascinating recreating several fictitious species from the ground up.
    I love writing about werewolves! Glad I'm not the only one. I think I can have a similar idea to how their cycle can be monthly or yearly but go into heat at certain moments. Though I probably should avoid having any female werewolves getting into too much heat and wanting to find multiple mates, or if I did would that come off as being offensive? But then they would be producing too many offspring characters, if I can fit them into my story lol.

Now here is the real big problem. I like having a female Jewish German werewolf after few nights after the full moon during the Kristallnacht incident, she is discovered and captured by the Nazis and her powers are used to create their experiments and such and the us soldier who met her in 1935 now returns to Germany and Europe to fight in WWII and to also rescue her and also discovered his son she gave birth to.

But I also like the idea of having US soldier goes to war in WWII and ends up meeting a female werewolf Baltic laborer or Polish resistance fighter and at the end of the wa, maybe by 1945 or after the war is over in 1946 she would give birth to the US soldier's son.

I like both so how can I fit both ideas in my story? I don't think him being with both woman would work. It's too complicating and too coincidental that he'd be meeting and hooking up with two female werewolves and having sons with them both. Should i just say that the us soldier had a brother his age that also went to war and his brother met a female Polish resistance/Baltic laborer werewolf and had a son with her at the end of the war? Or just say that the US soldier had gotten with both female werewolves?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadcrumbs11722 View Post
    I love writing about werewolves! Glad I'm not the only one. I think I can have a similar idea to how their cycle can be monthly or yearly but go into heat at certain moments. Though I probably should avoid having any female werewolves getting into too much heat and wanting to find multiple mates, or if I did would that come off as being offensive? But then they would be producing too many offspring characters, if I can fit them into my story lol.
    For me i just went with the old soul mates/mates for life trope. It fits my story and the style of my werewolves. Main female lead is just not interested in finding a mate until the main male lead comes along and rescues her from a lifetime of imprisonment but that only complicates things even more.

Blog Entries
    Now here is the real big problem. I like having a female Jewish German werewolf after few nights after the full moon during the Kristallnacht incident, she is discovered and captured by the Nazis and her powers are used to create their experiments and such and the us soldier who met her in 1935 now returns to Germany and Europe to fight in WWII and to also rescue her and also discovered his son she gave birth to.

But I also like the idea of having US soldier goes to war in WWII and ends up meeting a female werewolf Baltic laborer or Polish resistance fighter and at the end of the wa, maybe by 1945 or after the war is over in 1946 she would give birth to the US soldier's son.

I like both so how can I fit both ideas in my story? I don't think him being with both woman would work. It's too complicating and too coincidental that he'd be meeting and hooking up with two female werewolves and having sons with them both. Should i just say that the us soldier had a brother his age that also went to war and his brother met a female Polish resistance/Baltic laborer werewolf and had a son with her at the end of the war? Or just say that the US soldier had gotten with both female werewolves?
    I have to admit having more than one female lead werewolf would be interesting if you could pull it off but in this instance I would say focus on one idea for now and figure out which one would have more a better dramatic impact on the story as a whole. To many ideas can lead to procrastination, Trust me I know, I've been working on several story ideas for over ten years now do to that and it sucks. So that's my advice, find the better of the two stories and stick with it.

Before I forget if all else fails then do what my mother suggested just combine the two ideas into one. It works wonders for story telling.

P.S.S. Also don't worry about offending people. Trust me when I say that anyone can write anything and someone somewhere will find it offensive. My own story might be more offensive than most but that's because of its subject matter. I'm still not going to care. I'm writing it anyway.
    Last edited by Rojack79; February 16th, 2020 at 08:06 PM.

For me i just went with the old soul mates/mates for life trope. It fits my story and the style of my werewolves. Main female lead is just not interested in finding a mate until the main male lead comes along and rescues her from a lifetime of imprisonment but that only complicates things even more.
    I guess in a way it's like how my female werewolf feels when she finally meets this US soldier who finds and rescues her and they team up together, which she then later is interested in him as a mate. As long as there's a reason for what happens it's cool then right?

I have to admit having more than one female lead werewolf would be interesting if you could pull it off but in this instance I would say focus on one idea for now and figure out which one would have more a better dramatic impact on the story as a whole. To many ideas can lead to procrastination, Trust me I know, I've been working on several story ideas for over ten years now do to that and it sucks. So that's my advice, find the better of the two stories and stick with it.

Before I forget if all else fails then do what my mother suggested just combine the two ideas into one. It works wonders for story telling.

P.S.S. Also don't worry about offending people. Trust me when I say that anyone can write anything and someone somewhere will find it offensive. My own story might be more offensive than most but that's because of its subject matter. I'm still not going to care. I'm writing it anyway.
    Oh I forgot to explain before ..ok so basically I have this set up like a family tree so it goes from the great grandparents(WWII soldier and the female werewolf camp prisoner), then grandparents (spy operative and female double agent) then parents (the mom and dad), then their two kids the son and daughter (more or less the real main protagonists). Then there may be cousins, half siblings or other relatives too.

So whichever females in this story happen to be werewolf and part of the family tree or main characters would mean there would be more than one female werewolf in this story. So I think I can make it work, hopefully I can :/

Combine the two into one? That sounds like a good idea! So how? Like if I took the Holocaust victim experimented female werewolf idea that gets rescued and combined that one with the female werewolf that was already a werewolf to begin with until discovered? Because I was deciding between both ideas; the one with her and her family that was taken to the concentration camps when she was still a teen when Poland got invaded in 1939 and then she was experimented on by the Nazis, turning her into a werewolf but at some point she escapes and during the 1940's the US soldier meets her where she's now a Polish resistance fighter and they teamed up and fall in love and have the son. The other idea is she was already a werewolf secretly living in Germany before WWII began and on 1938 the incident occurred the night of Kristallnacht where she unleashed herself as the lycan beast and when captured by the Nazis taken to the camps, they wanted to use her powers or lycanthrope for their own needs. How do I combine both? Or should they be separate characters?

Also, I'm no longer going to worry about anyone being offended

Blog Entries
    I guess in a way it's like how my female werewolf feels when she finally meets this US soldier who finds and rescues her and they team up together, which she then later is interested in him as a mate. As long as there's a reason for what happens it's cool then right?
    Yes as long as there's a sensible, logical reason for the two to fall in love then yes.

Oh I forgot to explain before ..ok so basically I have this set up like a family tree so it goes from the great grandparents(WWII soldier and the female werewolf camp prisoner), then grandparents (spy operative and female double agent) then parents (the mom and dad), then their two kids the son and daughter (more or less the real main protagonists). Then there may be cousins, half siblings or other relatives too.
    Ah a family tree to help keep track of things. Nice.

So whichever females in this story happen to be werewolf and part of the family tree or main characters would mean there would be more than one female werewolf in this story. So I think I can make it work, hopefully I can :/
    Ok that makes sence.

Combine the two into one? That sounds like a good idea! So how? Like if I took the Holocaust victim experimented female werewolf idea that gets rescued and combined that one with the female werewolf that was already a werewolf to begin with until discovered? Because I was deciding between both ideas; the one with her and her family that was taken to the concentration camps when she was still a teen when Poland got invaded in 1939 and then she was experimented on by the Nazis, turning her into a werewolf but at some point she escapes and during the 1940's the US soldier meets her where she's now a Polish resistance fighter and they teamed up and fall in love and have the son. The other idea is she was already a werewolf secretly living in Germany before WWII began and on 1938 the incident occurred the night of Kristallnacht where she unleashed herself as the lycan beast and when captured by the Nazis taken to the camps, they wanted to use her powers or lycanthrope for their own needs. How do I combine both? Or should they be separate characters?
    I would say keep her living in Germany before WWII. Have her get taken to a concentration camp with her family. Then have the events of 1938 still happen and have her get captured by the Nazis. They take her and experiment on her but she gets freed somehow. Then as the war progresses she joins a resistance group to fight the Nazi's, runs into the American they team up to stop the Nazis, fall in love, have a son and vwala.

Also, I'm no longer going to worry about anyone being offended [/QUOTE]

Awesome. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't write your story. Got hung up on that for a few years and it did me no good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast