Not so new here

Thread: Not so new here

Not so new here

I originally joined this forum almost ten years ago. I've been away for a long time and recently decided it was time to make an effort to become more active.

I began writing Science Fiction stories more than thirty years ago. I got my first copy write in 1991. Initially I attempted to find a published or agent but had no success. I began self publishing and now have six Science Fiction book on places Like Amazon and B & N. I also began an action adventure series that is now four books. I'm working on my seventh SF and my fifth in the action series.

I haven't had a great deal of sales and convinced myself that I write for the pleasure.

Welcome back! Sounds like you've been very busy, well done! I think the marketing end just may be the hardest part.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Hi Wannabe.

If you're interested, we have a weekly flash fiction contest going on, the Lean and Mean challenge. It's mainly for fun and motivation but does come with a small prize. The details are here.

Hi Wannabe1,
    Good to see you're sticking with it, I've been writing little bits here and there, but never taken it anywhere. I've enjoyed writing for pleasure, it's only through places like this I may start to see some of the avenues available to get it out and start receiving some valuable feedback.

I've recently listened to Stephen King's book 'On Writing' since then I've read a couple of his books and can start to spot the use of his tips and techniques in his writing.

It's a long way off for me, but sounds like you're much more established and so thought you may benefit from some of the advice he shares.

Good luck and hope to follow in your footsteps and get my work out there.

RoseBud