My Publishing News

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Publishing News

My Publishing News

Good publishing news for me this month.

I got a prose poem, Rank Invasion, accepted by Better Than Starbucks. It will appear in their March issue. (This one's been published twice before. How I appreciate those places that accept previously published work.)

I also got a microfiction piece, Blocked Sewage, accepted by the Centifictionist and it too will appear in the March issue. This publication takes stories 100 words or fewer and they are partial to work about the Holocaust. (That's what my story's about.) Plus, I'm to send them answers to a short interview with me that they'll also publish in their March issue.

I'll also have a haibun piece, On Seas and Mirrors, in the March issue of Carmina magazine. (They like work connected to ancient Greece and Rome and my my piece is on Medusa and Perseus).

Plus I'm thrilled I'll have a poem, Eve-Pandora, published in the summer issue of Gargoyle.

I'm glad I decided to send out some last-minute things to finish up 2019. Turns out March (and this summer) will be a bit more interesting for me as a result.

Pamelyn Casto
    Last edited by Pamelyn Casto; February 12th, 2020 at 06:03 AM.

Good work Pamelyn. Persistence pays off. You must be quite disciplined at submitting your work. I wish I could say the same.

No, TL, I'm not a bit disciplined about sending out my work. What I'm working on now, and working hard on it, is *getting* disciplined about sending my work out. I forced myself to get something together at the end of the year. Then I sent it all out, hoping to get even more together to send out. So far, this year, I've not sent out a thing. I *have to* get in the habit. It's such a confusing mess to send work out, what with my not very good system of keeping track of my work, and then add to that the confusion of where to send, what to send, and how particular they want it sent . . . I usually just give up. But I'm trying!

..……………….and me

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

Congratulations!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

And now we have a clue about why there are so many posthumously famous poets. (Sending work out is just too danged difficult!)

Congrats, Pamelyn. Woo hoo!

I have have a couple dozen short things to polish up and send out but I'm just not in the mood to bother with it lately, so I know what you mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast