Rehabilitating from Writing

Thread: Rehabilitating from Writing

Rehabilitating from Writing

Hiyah! I come from a toxic relationship with a 3-long WIP with the toxicity being my fault (I expected too much from it). Iíve broken up with this WIP, and Iím seeking to read and support othersí writing as I begin to flirt with short stories and poems.

Iíve recently dropped-out of law school with the revelation that Iíd like to pursue teaching literature, and perhaps writing it or about it. That being said, my schedule today is consumed by employment at Amazon and MA Literature courses, with *writing time* occurring an hour a week.

Iím excited to learn from everyone.

Ha, a toxic relationship with a WIP. I know that feeling. Welcome aboard!

We have a weekly flash fiction challenge going on with a small prize for the winner. If you're interested, the details are here.

Blog Entries
    If you're passionate about literature, by all means, pursue a career in it! That sounds like a great life, although the current zeitgeist is moving away from that kind of thing. But the thing about art... the more you try to stomp it out, the more it thrives! Give people something to complain about and they'll turn lemons into lemonade! Not what's going on is good for society or the world in general; it's just the way things are right now.