WF Blog Update

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WF Blog Update

Exclamation WF Blog Update

A new year and a new start (where did January go?). We have reviewed WF blogs and as from 1st January 2020 only content which falls within the following categories will be allowed.

Fiction
    Poetry
    Writing Articles/Essays
    Journal - Creative Memoirs, Writing Journal
    Book Reviews, Movies & TV
    Media: Members' podcasts, audio books and ebooks
    Hobbies and Interests

Content which does not fall into the above categories will be removed and the poster asked to move their post to Dante's Inferno, which is a private forum only visible to ticket holders.

Please note WF Blogs are no longer the place for whingefests, open letters, political, religious or other controversial topics etc. These topics may only be discussed in the new, ticket only, Dante's Inferno.

Further information about Dante's Inferno can be viewed >Here To request access please contact either, Velo, Darren White, Gumby or PiP

Thanks

Last edited by PiP; February 3rd, 2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

this is worrying....sounds like my days are numbered and you need real people on Facebook...billy no mates me..
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    this is worrying....sounds like my days are numbered and you need real people on Facebook...billy no mates me..
    Free speech is available as long as you don't say anything that someone does not disagree with. As long as you have nothing important to say, on things that really matter, you can say what you want. The new forum is moderated, the blogs never where, freedom of speech gone

I only have one question. When you have a world wide site, which way does the water in the toilet rotate when you flush?

Your days are longer than mine Escorial, peace brother :}

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    From what I've read of your blog it fits nicely into this category, escorial.

Fiction
    Poetry
    Writing Articles/Essays
    Journal - Creative Memoirs, Writing Journal
    Book Reviews, Movies & TV
    Media: Members' podcasts, audio books and ebooks
    Hobbies and Interests
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Blog Entries
    What about poetry that is social commentary or political in nature? Where does that go?

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    What about poetry that is social commentary or political in nature? Where does that go?
    In the Poetry category.

In my experience almost all poetry is social commentary or political in nature. If you don't wish to post it to the forums and only wish to use your blog, then it goes into the poetry category.
    There is no life I know

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    The new forum is moderated, the blogs never where, freedom of speech gone
    The new forum is NOT moderated. And if you take a moment to read the post re Dante's Inferno you'd realise you have more freedom not less.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    The new forum is NOT moderated. And if you take a moment to read the post re Dante's Inferno you will realise you have more freedom not less.
    An unmoderated political forum is just asking for trouble. It will no doubt devolve into an insult-fest.

The new forum is unmoderated.

However if someone is only interested in being an ass, then they will find their stay short-lived.

Dante's Inferno is for people who wish to discuss topics that are considered too controversial for the WF public boards. That is why it is hidden away from public view and that is why you must ask for a ticket to post there.

You are responsible for what you say in that forum, not WF. And if you can't accept responsibility for your own words then don't bother to request a ticket. If you are only interested in whinging about what people say and reporting them for 'offending' you or your beliefs, then don't request a ticket. This is for people who can stand the heat and who can discuss controversial topics without resorting to asinine behavior.
    There is no life I know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    freedom of speech gone
    Total freedom of speech exists nowhere on the planet except within our own minds. There are always limits on what you can say and where you can say it. Writingforums.com, however, is a private institution and, as with any other website, the owners of the site have every right to limit what you can and can not discuss. This is part of the Terms of Service of every forum on the net.

We struggle very hard to create a free and open forum where everyone is free to come and discuss writing on nearly any topic. There are very few things we actually do not allow on the site, such as illegal content, but also topics that have consistently devolved into debate and personal commentary. This site is a writing site and that is what we are here to discuss. This isn't facebook where any topic is allowed.

Yet we have offered Dante's Inferno as a place where you can have those discussions without concern that otherwise fall outside the rules on debate and politics (illegal content is still illegal and will be removed). This is, in fact, INCREASING your options for discussion/commentary on the forum and not decreasing them.

"Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast