WF Blog Update - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WF Blog Update

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in Canada's north. At 2:00am I finish an article on a proposed pipeline through an Inuit traditional hunting territory. I'm incensed and want to talk about government usurping Native rights. I initiate a thread on Inferno before I go to bed.
    I look forward to reading that.

So, on the subject of 'Dante's Inferno' it says it's a "ticket only private forum" and I do not have permission to enter it. Is there a certain alignment of stars that needs to occur in order to gain access?

You see, until I witness it with my own eyes, Dante's Inferno in my mind will forever remain a place of debauchery and wild orgies instead of a couple of people saying "hello", which is what it probably is.
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

Anyone who has 100 posts just needs to pm one of us and request a ticket. That way we know that you are agreeing to the terms of admittance and are aware of them. Shoot me a quick pm and I will take care of it for you
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    So basically, weary parents are asking kids to take the game outside because of a shattered lamp, (which is reasonable), and the kids are mad they have to go outside because the lamp was broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    It's interesting to hear the naysayers who worry that the world won't get to see their wisdom.
    Well, these were some pretty unfair, snide characterizations. They don't represent *anything* that I said, at all, at any rate.

---

Since the effort I was putting into having a mature conversation about this isn't going to be reciprocated, nor is a conversational tone going to be reciprocated, then it would appear I've said all that needs to be said and anything beyond that would be a waste of time. My thanks to the few who gave me their attention and were willing to have a discussion.

I've listened to the points made by the staff. I have time and time again acknowledged the ones that I agree with. But none of my points have received much of the same treatment.

So I guess there's no other choice but to head on over to the new forum Hell, where apparently "the children" play at sharing their "wisdom" with the world.
    Last edited by Smith; February 5th, 2020 at 12:44 AM.
    Hidden Content

Self-proclaimed weeb. Reclaim the word.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Well, this was a pretty unfair, snide characterization.

---
    Characterisation, meaning fictional construct of a simple, accurate analogy...how is that snide? As it is being aimed at no one, merely an observation of the situation. Want to make it all about inidividuals take it to a PM.

Blog Entries
    Characterisation, meaning fictional construct of a simple, accurate analogy...how is that snide, being aimed at no one, merely an observation of the situation. Make it all about inidividuals take it to a PM.
    Maybe it was the equating people to children, part? And that such a shoe was intended for me, among others, as the structure of your analogy makes clear?

Just seems like a disingenuous and flippant "fictional construct" of what has actually been happening ever since I joined the forum. Shouldn't the adults be the ones who can, God forbid, have a political discussion in public without crying, or trying to leverage people in positions of power to punish those we disagree with?

Wasn't "the game" already taking place outside? Wouldn't "moving it to the basement" make more sense?

That seems like a much more fitting and accurate portrayal of events, wouldn't you agree?
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Maybe it was the equating people to children, part? And that such a shoe was intended for me, among others, as the structure of your analogy suggests?

Just seems like a disingenuous and flippant "fictional construct" of what has actually been happening ever since I joined the forum.
    You decide put a shoe on and kick youself with, that is your choice. I made an analogy, you are the one making it about you. Don't like the post report it.

Edit: Find another target. I am not getting into debate about what you find offensive...

Blog Entries
    You decide put a shoe on and kick youself with, that is your choice...You are just looking for a target to vent on, I'm not it. I made an analogy, you are the one making it about you. Don't like the post report it.
    I don't leverage people in positions of authority to try and take out opinions that I don't like. It doesn't make for good character.

You designed the shoe for me, and I said no thanks. Or - instead of ignoring it or confronting it - would you rather me call the gestapo every time something "offends" me, which is part of the behavior that led to this change?

I have better things to do than tattle and be some sort of forum informant.

At this rate people won't even be allowed to respond to critique that they disagree with.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    SUPERVISOR NOTE

This 'conversation' is becoming argumentative and uncivil. If you don't like the idea of the new area of the forum, don't use it. Period. If you do, go use it. Simple. This thread is not the place for debates on the greater moral implications of the matter whether pro or con. Any further argumentative posts will be removed.

This thread IS the place for respectful questions on the how, why, and what of Dante's Inferno. Please feel free to return to civil, on-topic conversation.
    "Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

There I was, little ol' Ibb, an intermittent peruser of WritingForums whose sole joy in the world was his monthly partakings of and/or reading of Literary Maneuver stories. When suddenly, logging in, I was whisked away to this exciting thread, awash in the insinuation that people have been at each other's necks so often to the point that there now exists an entirely separate chunk of the forum for their perusal.

Personally, I dig it. WritingForums meets 4chan. I had no idea this place was so colorful outside the little niche of it I like to visit. Yes, YES, I will take a ticket!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast