Hi! :)

Thread: Hi! :)

Hi! :)

Hello! My name is Abby, and I just joined about a day ago. I've always loved lurking on writing forums, but most of the time, I'm too shy to actually join and post! I've been writing since I was very, very young, and I've loved it for as long as I can remember. It's one of those things that brings me joy no matter what. I always find myself in a better mood once I've written something!

The genre I'm interested in writing these days is mainly romance, with a few other elements squeezed in. I also love suspense and thrillers - there's nothing quite like a good mystery.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi Abby, please don't be shy...we don't bite Welcome to WF.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check our my personal blog Hidden Content

Hello, Abby Like you, I was shy and I was also a lurker... but as I read the posts on the poetry boards and saw the mentor's interaction with the members and each other, I knew I was in the right place. This is a friendly, supportive place where your creativity will be nourished. Feel free to ask questions and look around... enjoy!
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Abby! I agree that there are few better feelings that having written something. And I love a good mystery, too! And suspense, too. Very glad you overcame your shyness.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenPersephone View Post
    The genre I'm interested in writing these days is mainly romance, with a few other elements squeezed in. I also love suspense and thrillers - there's nothing quite like a good mystery.
    I enjoy when romance is combined with mystery or suspense. One spices up the other. I hope to see your posts on this site in the near future.

Best wishes.

Hi Abbey,
    Nice to see there are others just starting to find their way around this site too.

I joined today and am also a bit shy about stepping out into the limelight. When I saw your post it gave me a little encouragement to get involved too, so thanks.

I'm confident we'll find inspiration and valuable insights into creative writing on here.

Good luck
    RoseBud