He joined a forum...

Thread: He joined a forum...

He joined a forum...

He joined a forum and created his first post...

Ok, ok. Despite the user name, I just can't bring myself to be *that* pretentious for more than few words.

A little about me...

From the time I could grasp a crayon/pencil/pen, I've been doing two things: drawing and writing (although until I learned what letters and words were, it took some time before anyone but me understood the latter, and even to this day, that's debatable).

By career, I'm a photographer (main job) and a designer (side hustle). By aspiration, I want to get some writing published. Well, beyond the little bit of self publishing I've done.

I live in the midwest and as I type this, it's snowing and I'm really not happy about it. Neither are my dogs, despite being a Husky and part-Husky. I guess, like their owner, they are strange beasts.

You guys can call me Robert.

Hi Robert. Welcome aboard.

If he is interested, we have a fun weekly flash fiction challenge with a small prize. The details are here.

Blog Entries
    Hello, Robert, and your dogs, too. Maybe they're Floridian Huskies?
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    Hello, Robert, and your dogs, too. Maybe they're Floridian Huskies?
    They are lazy and hate the cold. It's possible they are cats in dog suits...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheThirdPerson View Post
    They are lazy and hate the cold. It's possible they are cats in dog suits...
    Most likely.

What do you like to write? Or what are you writing? What do you want to write? *tilts light to shine into your eyes* What do you think you can write??

I'm suffering stop/start cycles between reality and various artistic disciplines that result in not much discipline. My latest run at writing something is for the challenge that just ended ("Write a Death") and I'm taking a run at the fourth draft of it because, dangitall, it shall not defeat me. When I'm not being a frustrated artist/writer/musician I'm a mom (the endeavor of 10,000 interruptions) and a caregiver (motherhood is a decent training for it).
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Mostly I write fiction. Generally the genre is science fiction or fantasy. I have a few things self published, but I won't say more than that (because I don't know what is or isn't against the rules in that regard).

But I write other things from time to time. A lot of it marketing related (often in support of my other life as a professional photographer). I once had a job writing movie reviews, which was fun until I found myself almost literally buried alive under a mountain of free screener DVDs. I had to give that up because I was never going to catch up on reviews. I may or may not still have nightmares about trying to sort and alphabetize thousands of DVDs...