[Ask Me Anything] Feel of Losing a Loved Pet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Ask Me Anything] Feel of Losing a Loved Pet

[Ask Me Anything] Feel of Losing a Loved Pet

Perhaps some people may think like 'meh it's just animal'. But people like me, I'm the type that's been taking care of pets, usually cats and usually they're also orphans since they were babies. This means nursing and watching them closely - which my work allows me to do that in the morning, afternoon, evening, and even midnight. I see them grow, I feed them, bringing them to doctor when sick, and everything else first-handedly, including having to see their death by various cause and most importantly, dig the soil and putting them to burial.

Let me tell you something: When you've grown genuine connection, they feel like your own children. And when they're dead, it feels like burying your own dead son/daughter.

Yeah, so since I realize sometimes people interview other people for certain situation, in this case if anyone need some research for sorrow from heavy loss, especially from pets, then feel free to ask anything about it here. Edit: perhaps something like stage of grief, for example.

I hope this will be helpful.
    Last edited by Sir-KP; January 17th, 2020 at 03:43 PM.

I had to have him cremated, but I lost my beloved great Pyrenees over a year ago. On the one hand, he was just a dog. 150 lbs of willful Yeti, with hair EVERYWHERE! And on the other hand, my heart still feels bruised. I am so hurt that he's gone. He was the best. dog. ever. A gentle giant... I don't know that I'm looking for advice. I just wanted to tell you about one of the most noble, beautiful souls it has been my pleasure to know and share a decade of my life with. I love and miss you, Bear. You were the best. God got Himself a truly great dog....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bear.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	25301
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

Thank you for doing this, I'm sorry for your losses. Losing a pet, A.K.A a best friend, is extremely thankful. Though I'm not writing about grief, I'm sure this can help someone else with their storytelling

My partner and I volunteer (and donate) to a local no-kill cat rescue place. Needless to say, we had one cat when we started, and now have SIX (and we love them all).

One of our brood is part Maine-Coon... he huge, but the most docile and calm cat we've had, and he's contributed when we have to temp foster rescued kittens (usually from some disaster). The babies crawl all over him, and even try to nurse, and he just lays there, and occasionally will clean them.

Obviously, we've had to say goodbye to some of our beloved babies, and it's always like having a hole in your heart for awhile. But then, a new fur-person will come along and - not fill that hole, but will make a home for itself beside it.

Thanks, fellas.

I've been facing this many times and surely this is something I can't ever get used to. There are various feel dealing with them and other things asshole people did surrounding this matter.

Definitely something that can be useful as research.

Name:	39091_1510253365837_7204138_n.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	25305

After 20 years I ended up with a gaping CatCat shaped hole...I swore I would never get another cat because my CatCat was impossible to imitate, impossible to replace. I purged everything cat related at our house, (big donation to the local humane society). Then fate tossed me a curve ball. A tabby patch kitten in need of a home.

Name:	IMG_20191017_164054_264.jpg 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	25306

Potato Cat...he has helped more than I can say. I also find peace in knowing my CatCat had an amazing run, right up until the end. For that I will always be grateful. It still hurts now and again, but Potato has helped mend that god awful hollow feeling.

Name:	IMG_1059.JPG 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	25307

Having two dogs in the mix does help to defuse the emptiness and Rue Dog has taken to Potato Cat like he was a missing pack member. You never see one of these boys without the other. They are family.

This morning, our 16-year old long-haired calico, Maggie, passed away. She was bonded to my youngest son, and although he was very much a man about it, he still wanted me to bury her. He handed her to me in a large shoebox, with an olive wood rosary from the Holy Land draped over her little body. I dug a grave for her, made a kind and sweet ceremony of it, and administered last rites as best I could, and then I buried her.

*sigh* It just never gets any damn easier.
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    This morning, our 16-year old long-haired calico, Maggie, passed away. She was bonded to my youngest son, and although he was very much a man about it, he still wanted me to bury her. He handed her to me in a large shoebox, with an olive wood rosary from the Holy Land draped over her little body. I dug a grave for her, made a kind and sweet ceremony of it, and administered last rites as best I could, and then I buried her.

*sigh* It just never gets any damn easier.
    I wish we had a little icon for "aww," or "hugs," just for moments like these. "Like" just doesn't seem appropriate, but better than any other we have. There's no pain like this one, Amnesiac. Good Dad you - love to you Maggie Kitty on your way. You'll see her again, I'm convinced, even though the faith I follow doesn't believe in animal souls. We loved them and they loved us back - no souls missing there, right? At least she made it through the holidays.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

I believe that all life, every living creature is, at its heart, Soul. It's what animates us! It's what makes us, well... ALIVE! And love is a bond that survives and supersedes death, the grave, or anything of the kind. If there is a Heaven without our beloved animals, it can't possibly be the real Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I believe that all life, every living creature is, at its heart, Soul. It's what animates us! It's what makes us, well... ALIVE! And love is a bond that survives and supersedes death, the grave, or anything of the kind. If there is a Heaven without our beloved animals, it can't possibly be the real Heaven.
    Amen, my friend
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast