Hello from Nottingham...

Thread: Hello from Nottingham...

Hello from Nottingham...

Hi all, I'm Dan and am a budding writer from Nottingham. I have been writing creatively for about the past five years. I mainly write a lot of crime and detective work, and have got one complete novel (having gone through several drafts) plus a couple of short stories. I'm now 15,000 words into another novel and always looking to improve and learn new tips. Looking forward to speaking with y'all!
    Last edited by C.Lee; January 12th, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

Welcome C.Lee. So good to see you here and I know you'll love all the avenues to get involved.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Welcome, C Lee! You sound a lot like me. I'm a Dan too and am interested in thriller/crime, having published one story while hoping to get another completed one published soon as I work on the part III right now. I hope the sheriff in Nottingham isn't bothering you too much
    Author of CIBA 'Clue Awards' Semifinalist The Lone Escapist, published by Read Lips Press, available on Amazon.
    *Voted #4 of Best 'Escapist' Novels by Book Lovin' Geek Mamas, NYC

Dan Rhys - Author
    Hidden Content

welcome to WF, Dan.

and have got one complete novel (having gone through several drafts) plus a couple of short stories.
    Are you going to self-publish? What are your plans for your short stories?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rhys View Post
    I hope the sheriff in Nottingham isn't bothering you too much
    So far so good what area of crime are you interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    welcome to WF, Dan.

Are you going to self-publish? What are your plans for your short stories?
    I've contacted an agent or two so currently waiting to see what, if anything, comes of it.

The short stories are really for my own practice/development/entertainment at the moment, but I have a long-term goal that if i'm able to get somewhere with my writing then i'd like to make the short stories available as bonus extras available to my full novels.

Thats so cool that you write so much... I do my best as an aspiring writer to create something as often as I can, but having a complete novel is an amazing accomplishment! Kudos to you! (do people even still say that?)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lee View Post
    I've contacted an agent or two so currently waiting to see what, if anything, comes of it.

The short stories are really for my own practice/development/entertainment at the moment, but I have a long-term goal that if i'm able to get somewhere with my writing then i'd like to make the short stories available as bonus extras available to my full novels.
    I'm kind of doing the same thing as you. Lately I've been entering writing contests, I highly encourage this. Whether you win or not it's a great way to practice and get your work out there. Welcome.
    Last edited by JonF; January 15th, 2020 at 05:55 PM.