Name:	IMG_20200106_135411047_HDR.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	25252
    The only one who can heal you is you.

What area is that?

The Dingle

My nan lived in Bootle Walton road I think it was. Anywhere near that? It looks similar.

It is as you say... don't know Walton road though..bootle is in the north and the dingle is in the south...admiral Grove is a 15/20 min walk from Brunswick train station

Could have been Bootle road Walton.....dunno. But I spent many days up there as a kid going through mersey tunnel and off to New Brighton. Her house was like a coronation street house with alleyway and all that.

Yep good description...bootle mostly Victorian terraces and what came after was built on bomb sites after ww2...them Nazis bombed our chipshops

I was up there in the 60's as a young lad. Last time was 85 or 87 when she died. I remember that big church when you drove into Liverpool.

I also did some work up there in 83 by Lime Street station. That was an 'experience'. Bad times in those days.

You wouldn't recognise the city now...other cities want the Liverpool effect....it all started after the capital of culture year....

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    You wouldn't recognise the city now...other cities want the Liverpool effect....it all started after the capital of culture year....
    I can imagine. I remember as a kid it was a place of plenty and people flocked there because of work and music scene but that all died in the 70's.

The boys from the blackstuff was written about the late 70's but people wrongly blame Thatcher in the 80's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast