Best way to advertise/promote your book - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to advertise/promote your book

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Truthfully, I STILL don't see why people go to Pinterest, and when Lisa Orban told me that she got more traction-for-the-buck from Pinterest I did not believe her.
    So I tried them, and I got a huge amount of traffic from those ads.
    Here is a $40 ad I ran back in November.

One of the things that we do over at IndiesUnited is collaborative marketing. Currently we each pay $5 a month for group ads.
    In essence, we are crowd-sourcing our advertising.
    With more than a dozen writers on the team, our meager contributions amount to some real ad space.
    Up until a few years back I used to do lots of internet marketing and Google Adwords.

Ralph traffic is nowt. As they 'Bums on Seats' is what you want. Actual sales instead of tyre kickers.

I think Pinterest is sh*te.

Quote Originally Posted by EntrepreneurRideAlong View Post
    I have a couple blogs going. My blog that I'm focused on now is helping new entrepreneurs build online businesses at: https://theentrepreneurridealong.com/blog/

The blog in reference, where I have a book selling on Amazon, is https://pomskyownersassociation.com/blog/ - I started the blog in 2016 (to stop scams and puppy mills) and started getting traffic/email traffic. Then I found out what my subscribers #1 biggest problem was, which I found out was training. So I wrote this book and pre-sold it to my email list: https://pomskyownersassociation.com/...training-book/

With all due respect mate. I have been self employed for most of my life and the LAST thing you do when you find something that makes money......is tell everybody else about it.

Good luck.

And THIS is absolute gold!
    Personally, I have found FB & Twitter to be less about sales, and more about making connections.
    Through Twitter I have had my work featured in videos, discovered other writers and publishers to collaborate with, and connected with other people who were able to provide priceless insight into the business.
    But there does not seem to be a lotta actual selling on Twitter.

Yeah Ma'am seems a good old girl who certainly knows what she is talking about .........No offence Ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post

Ralph traffic is nowt. As they 'Bums on Seats' is what you want. Actual sales instead of tyre kickers.

I think Pinterest is sh*te.
    I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here.

Look, if you have a better way to market, we are all ears.
    But saying that something is shite without offering a better way is just trolling us.

Your Ad is shown usually on a keyword relevant search............People see it and may decide to click on it...........in which case then it costs you money...........they are diverted to your website or place of sale..............they either buy or do not buy.

If they do not buy then a number of things come to play.

Product too expensive.
    Product not as advertised.
    May purchase at a later date.
    May just be a tyre kicker......a person just wasting their time meandering around the internet........BUT ......if they came off a keyword then they were looking for a reason.

All of this info if you know how to use it is supplied by Google in your analytics of the landing place for the advert....whether it be your website or other. If you do not control 'other' you may never see the analytics.

Pinterest may divert traffic all right but I wouldn't call it a 'hot spot' for people looking to buy books. I would call it a place where people just meander around looking for ideas.......not a place where they go to 'buy'............I may be wrong.

But my first impressions on how it works and what the results are with the ctr etc didnt impress me at all.

Again, you are telling me things I already know (I use these ad features.)
    But if you are gonna torch people's suggestions, then you need to suggest BETTER ways.
    You have talked the talk, now walk the walk.
    Show us some wisdom.

Again, you are telling me things I already know (I use these ad features.)
    But if you are gonna torch people's suggestions, then you need to suggest BETTER ways.
    You have talked the talk, now walk the walk.
    Show us some wisdom.
    I came here looking for advice. All I know is what I started to explain but you already know. So the important or only relevant figures are missing from the graph. What were the sales from that ad?

Look, if you have a better way to market, we are all ears.
    But saying that something is shite without offering a better way is just trolling us
    Hey hold on Ralph you suggested me to try Pinterest which I did and I have a good idea how to sell on such. I didnt think it was very good and I didnt want to look at endless pictures of Freddie Mercury or beds all day long.

I tried two ads for one week initially. One for the US and Canada and One for UK and Ireland in English only to aim the impressions more accurately. I wasnt impressed with the results and the UK was higher than the USA in impressions and engagement.

I am not a Troll for forming an opinion of something which it did not suit.

If you think ten zillion impressions is good then thats ok.

All I'm saying is that if you are gonna trash suggestions, then you should try and offer some alternatives that have worked for you.

Keep in mind that if the ad drives people to your book on Amazon, then it is working. If they only kick the tires while they are there, then it means that your cover & blurb are not delivering. Ads don't sell books, they get the customer to your marketplace.

All I'm saying is that if you are gonna trash suggestions, then you should try and offer some alternatives that have worked for you.

Keep in mind that if the ad drives people to your book on Amazon, then it is working. If they only kick the tires while they are there, then it means that your cover & blurb are not delivering. Ads don't sell books, they get the customer to your marketplace.
    Thats what I see Pinterest does. It is a picture which grabs peoples attention and takes them to a website which could be a business website or blog with a product or Google ads. It is just a driver of traffic.

I should imagine most of that traffic bounce 100% without even staying on the landing page for more than a second. But you are paying for that as it is pay per click.

A Google ad is an ad which may come up for 'Thriller books' or 'Books by Ralph'. In this case the person is searching the internet most likely with an intention to buy. So if they click on your ad then that cost has a better chance of turning into a sale.

So my point is that something like a Google Ad is money better spent than Pinterest as it is a more direct route to a sale.

The winners in this would be someone like yourself who has a book store to take that Google Ad visitor/buyer and offer them a whole range of books.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast