Happy new year from All Things Music (and plans for 2020)

Thread: Happy new year from All Things Music (and plans for 2020)

Happy new year from All Things Music (and plans for 2020)

I hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve and you're not nursing too bad of a hangover.

Anyway, I have some plans already cooking that I hope to unveil in the coming weeks...

1) I'm going to continue my reviewing series by starting with (don't groan)...

THE MONKEES!

Yes, I'm going to be reviewing the nine official LP's they recorded for Colgems in the sixties as well as singles that were not on albums. I'll also cover some previously unreleased tracks that were released on later compilations. I may even review their three reunion albums if I feel masochistic enough. . Anyway, it should be fun.

2)
    After, or even while I'm reviewing the Monkees, I'm also going to be embarking on a slightly more ambitious project as I look into the history of Motown records.

Now I'm not going to cover every album ever released by the label, mainly because I'd never get done, but I will look into some key albums and will definitely cover the singles histories of artists like The Supremes, The Tempations, and The Four Tops as well as many others (No, I haven't forgotten The Miracles). I will also cover much of the seventies outputs of Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye (I already have reviewed his Here My Dear album). I may bounce around here chronologically as time goes on and I don't expect this project to ever truly be completed.

And finally...

3). My most ambitious project yet, and this one might take years. I'm going to review every album that was listed in Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All- Time in 2003. I'll compare the albums to RS's 2012 list as well as some other all time albums lists including one I made up myself (I have to rank everything. ). The album reviews will, for the most part, be in similar structure to the reviews I currently do.

Needless to say, I will be one busy little beaver in 2020 when I don't have to deal with real life. Meanwhile, if anyone else wants to embark on a project of their own, I'm certainly not going to stop you. The more the merrier.

So, that's the plans as of now. Have a happy 2020.

Last edited by mrmustard615; January 1st, 2020 at 10:05 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

You have a decades worth of work so far. Good luck

Blog Entries
    The Monkees: a made for TV band!

They had some good songwriters and studio musicians, though. Neil Diamond and Carole King I believe wrote some of their songs, and Clarence White, guitarist for the Byrds, played on a few of them. I don't know the full story, but it's definitely a phenononym of the '50s and '60s, beginning with Ricky Nelson, featuring the great James Burton, and then with The Monkees and the Partridge Family, and I think there were a few others. Didn't they have a band on Happy Days?

I think Suzy Quatro was on the show as Pinky Tuscadero, a love interest of Fonzie's I think but I'm not sure (not a Happy Days fanatic by any means. Not sure what they called her fictional band. The Brady Kids though had a couple records (God help us )
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content