Hello from Indianroads in Colorado

Thread: Hello from Indianroads in Colorado

Hello from Indianroads in Colorado

Hi. Indianroads here - I ride an Indian motorcycle on, you know, roads.

I'm a self published author of five books, and should finish up the first draft of my next book in a few days. My goal for this year is to publish the last 2 books of my SciFi series. I've not thought about anything after that.

I'm a retired engineer - veteran of Silicon Valley in CA, and a life long martial artist - with black belts in 4 different styles, my highest rank is 7th Dan in Taekwondo.

So... hi.

Welcome, Indianroads. Your screen name sounds familiar to me.

If you're interested, we have a weekly flash fiction contest going on, with a small prize. Details are here.

Welcome, indianroads! I admire your prolific output. I'm just getting started on my third novel. Neat on your Tae Kwon Do advancement. I bet you could build a story on your experience in it.
    Author of CIBA 'Clue Awards' Semifinalist The Lone Escapist, published by Read Lips Press, available on Amazon.
    *Voted #4 of Best 'Escapist' Novels by Book Lovin' Geek Mamas, NYC

Dan Rhys - Author
    Hidden Content

Welcome Indianroads -

You didn’t mention what you write (genre) or why you joined but no matte the reason I’m sure you’ll find what your looking for here at WF!! There are tons of Awesome people here and tons of helpful information.

Can’t wait to read some of your work!!

Shockhawk
    Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FFX

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockhawk View Post
    Welcome Indianroads -

You didn’t mention what you write (genre) or why you joined but no matte the reason I’m sure you’ll find what your looking for here at WF!! There are tons of Awesome people here and tons of helpful information.

Can’t wait to read some of your work!!

Shockhawk
    Why I'm here? (I'll avoid the existential aspects of that question for the time being)
    I bounce around a lot, and belong to a few forums... some are hostile but have a lot of members and interesting topics, others friendly but slow. I was trolling around today for a better fit, and came across this site. Surprisingly, I already had an ID, but never posted; I don't recall joining, but, I'm old and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
    So far, so good here. If you don't mind I'll hang around.

OH - genres.
    My first two books were autobiographies. I had an 'interesting' upbringing; my parents were drug dealers that sold to hippies in San Francisco back in the good days of Haight Ashbury (I met Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Jerry Garcia, Ken Kesey etc.) and they also sold to the Hells Angles. Anyway, one night the cops kicked in the door to our house, and my life changed. Family disowned us, so I was run through Juvie, then Foster Care, then sold drugs on the street for the Hells Angels. So those first books were about burying my demons.

I've since written the first three novels of a SciFi series, and am just finishing up the fourth book. Just one more to go and that series will be done. The story is a sort of Childhood's End meet Hal from 2001 a Space Odyssey. I've always enjoyed SciFi and have a couple other story ideas for that genre that I'll tackle once this series is done.

ETA: once I accrue enough posts, I'll post links to my website and books.
    Last edited by indianroads; January 1st, 2020 at 08:02 PM.

WoW, indianroads, sounds like you've had an interesting life. Once you have made ten posts you can link to your books on Amazon/wherever in your signature.

I bounce around a lot, and belong to a few forums... some are hostile but have a lot of members and interesting topics, others friendly but slow. I was trolling around today for a better fit, and came across this site.
    I hope you find WF to be a friendly and supportive community and stick around
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Welcome! I'm new here as well

Blog Entries
    Welcome Indianroads! - what a great name! The forums are a great place to interact with fellow writers of all genre'. They are positive and constructive, and we have fun things to do as well, it's not all work and no play! Just get on the boards and explore!
    ~Thus spin the ink of a pen into a web of magical fairy dreams...

Hidden Content
    Blog, Poetry, Articles, Calendar, More.....

Hidden Content

I'm having a good time so far.

Just finished the first draft of my sixth novel - which is the fourth in a SciFi series. Currently, I'm taking a brief break before heading into editing purgatory to write the blurb / product description. When that's finished I'll post it in Publishing > Publishing Discussion > Query Letters... for (much needed) crit.