You started a band! Whatcha gonna call it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You started a band! Whatcha gonna call it?

You started a band! Whatcha gonna call it?

I always liked The Original Artists. Like those old K-Tel Records of the 70's: "40 Original Songs by the Original Artists!"

My instrumental post-rock outfit: Lobby Sink.

And if I'm feeling cheeky, I'd call my goofy pop punk band The Beetles.

Actually, I think one of those imitation bands called themselves the Beetles back in the sixties. There was also a band known as the Buggs as well a band known as the Beetle Beat, who were absolutely awful.

Anyway, I have a fantasy sixties rock band using mostly obscure garage songs that I like to call The Arthropods, sort of a twist on the Animals. I'm also playing with a mythical seventies band called Carbonated Water. I don't think either name has been used yet.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I have a fictional band called 'Johnny Rubber and The Packet of Three.'

And working on a punk band called Fellatio Hornsucker.'

I'm currently writing about a character who is kicked out of his punk band, Mongrel Skull. I have a scene where he and his friends are brainstorming names for a his new band. Some of them include Knucklehead, Bucketducker, Catholic Spasm, and Profitable.

If I was in a band, my stage name would be Lester Flambeau.

I was in a band called "Nevermore." (hat tip to dear Mr. Poe)

"Ghostlight," "Deadwater," "The Burlesque Vampires," and "Snake Scale," would all be bands I'd play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I was in a band called "Nevermore." (hat tip to dear Mr. Poe)

"Ghostlight," "Deadwater," "The Burlesque Vampires," and "Snake Scale," would all be bands I'd play in.
    My publisher is a big Poe fan. She would have liked that name.
    Author of CIBA 'Clue Awards' Semifinalist The Lone Escapist, published by Read Lips Press, available on Amazon.
    *Voted #4 of Best 'Escapist' Novels by Book Lovin' Geek Mamas, NYC

Dan Rhys - Author
    Hidden Content

There was actually an all girl Punk band called 'The Slits'.

Now I didnt start this thread.
    Last edited by Biro; January 3rd, 2020 at 09:52 AM.

the was a band from my area when i was a kid and they had their name sprayed around the town...don't think they ever made a record but i always liked their name...secluded places
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    The Enlarged Prostates

(it's a geriatric band)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast