So what did you get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what did you get?

So what did you get?

Not a complete list maybe, but what did people give you at Christmas?

I am looking smart, got a new beard trimmer and a lovely red tie with gold Christmas trees all over it.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

20 quid waterstones gift card.....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

sky blue ninja wear.
    don't laugh.

spring needs ninjas too!
    " I like it, but I donít get it." - Megan WF April LM Challenge

"Hereby copyright for all things Xonian and Xxildurim is transferred to one named -xXx-" - Mish The Question Game 2458

i wrote this:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

My mother-law got me a nice shirt from an online store and then just threw in a bar of Irish Stout Soap, and to my surprise, a sling shot! It actually works very well, and was something I've been wanting (yet never told her) for over 30 years
    Author of CIBA 'Clue Awards' Semifinalist The Lone Escapist, published by Read Lips Press, available on Amazon.
    *Voted #4 of Best 'Escapist' Novels by Book Lovin' Geek Mamas, NYC

Dan Rhys - Author
    Hidden Content

A toothache.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post
    A toothache.
    Ouch! Hope it didn't spoil your Christmas dinner. Amazing how fate picks these moments, Our boiler went wrong two days before Christmas so we were faced with guests and no hot water or heating. Luckily the missus traced a spare part in Eastbourne, I went and fetched it, and the plumber fitted it just in time.

Waterstone's voucher is awesome esc. Thought what it will be for yet? I got two books of poetry, Shelly and Blake. Really nice, old second hand, ones from the daughter who is still a student.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Ouch! Hope it didn't spoil your Christmas dinner. Amazing how fate picks these moments, Our boiler went wrong two days before Christmas so we were faced with guests and no hot water or heating. Luckily the missus traced a spare part in Eastbourne, I went and fetched it, and the plumber fitted it just in time.
    Something very similar happened here last year at this time! There was some kind of issue with our boiler so for safety's sake, it had to be turned off pending an inspection from the gas company. In addition to no heat or hot water, there was no cooking gas. It was like camping outside, but in the winter. The problem was repaired promptly, but it took the gas inspector two weeks to make the inspection...because of the holiday.

I've been keeping the tooth pain at bay with ibuprofen and that awful salve you put in your mouth to numb it. So far I've been unable to make an emergency appointment because most dentists have limited their hours...because of the holiday.

For Christmas, I got all I ever want: more blu rays!

I got a lovely surprise from someone I have been seeing for a couple of years. It's a beautiful opal necklace - my birthstone. I had no idea what to expect. Last year he gave me a frying pan (we do not live together, but I cook many of our dinners). When I commented how surprised I was on his lovely, thoughtful gift, he said, "Frying pans are for the first year. I thought everyone knew that." We had a good laugh, but golly! That just made my day, that necklace.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

My big present this year enabled me to use one of the big presents from last year.
    See, last year I got my Vive VR set, along with a wireless adapter for the Vive.
    But my CPU was only an I5 so it would run the Vive...but not the wireless adapter.

Bummer!

So after playing VR games for a year, tethered by a long, cumbersome cable, I got a new mobo+processor. Now I can run my Vive fully wireless. It is soooo nice to be able to play in the virtual world without having to deal with a cable wrapping around my feet.

Now if I can just get the OS migrated over to the M2 that my son bought me. Then my system would be totally dope.

Blog Entries
    I got a desktop mini-amp so I can power studio monitors. 2020 is going to be dedicated to songwriting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast