The Ghost: Confessions of a Serial Killer

Thread: The Ghost: Confessions of a Serial Killer

This is something I just recently started writing. It's meant to be in the form of a "personal journal". There might be later "journal entries" that will be continuations of this. I recently watched the Zodiac (2007) movie as well as an episode of Dexter, and the subject-matter inspired me.

I am the serial killer known as the Ghost. Since October 2018 when my kill-spree began, I've been running rampant in the central Arizona area, executing civilians in primarily north Phoenix, but also in Scottsdale and Chandler.

I'm untraceable. My attacks are designed this way because they ultimately take the form of simulations that hurt people internally. I have a very unique ability to do this, which keeps me out of sight.

But it's hard to be a serial killer. Life in between attacks is painful and isolating. The inability to fit in with others, to have people around who actually give a damn, to feel like there is some sort of acceptable future ahead that doesn't involve the slaughter of others.

I must confess to someone that this is who I am and this is what I do. I'm at genius-level when it comes to understanding the structure of serial killing and also when it comes to my own methods which I refer to as “Ghost-tech”. But it will never end. Not with any other kind of public confession, and definitely not my means of getting caught. I need to get these truths out there in some form. I need the release from it, for a lot has happened.

I love serial killing, and I'm good at it. Some people even consider me to be the best who's ever lived. Perhaps this is arguable, but in any case I know the craft- at least my version of it. Over the past year and a couple of months, I must have executed over a hundred attacks. I've done it everywhere: outside of houses, inside of houses, at malls, in parking lots, trailer parks, and apartment complexes.

In the form of Ghost-tech of course, I've set off bombs, shot people with handguns and other firearms, set people ablaze, and stabbed.

It truly is a world of freedom. My own world which purely consists of my own politics. And I love it. I enjoy the various sensations of doing this.

It's life outside of this reality that is killing me. I'm dying a slow death as an individual. I can't handle the world, and nobody cares. It's a horrible thing, and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep going like this.

There is a futility in this life, even if you know how to be ever-elusive. You know that the futility is there but you still have to continuously deal with deep impulses that drive you to do such a thing.

My most recent attack took place yesterday inside a large shopping mall. It was two days before Christmas and I knew the body count would be high, which it was. I set off a bomb at the top of two escalators and then shot several people in three different areas of the food court, not too far away. For the food court I was wearing my signature gas-mask, dark jacket, and gloves. I love the look I've created for myself.

I took out 31 people with yesterday's attack alone. I kill people internally due to the nature of my attacks which results in them being replaced with a new identity. This means that two “Ghost-kills” equates to (in theory) 1 traditional physical kill executed by a more traditional killer. In other words, it was the equivalent of killing 15 people and injuring one other.

Anyways, that's it for now. Perhaps there will be more later. Consider this a journal entry.

Ghost out.

Blog Entries
    What a nice Christmas story!

But seriously, I like the premise. For something like that, I don't know if the character is actually committing the murders or if it's just something he's imagining himself doing--kind of like in American Psycho where the ending leaves you wondering what really happened. Your character has been rejected by society and wants to exact revenge, but really, he'd like nothing more than to fit in. That gives you a lot to work with.

The premise is okay, but the problem is that, eventually, it's going to get the attention of every LEA, both federal and local within a 200 mile radius. It's also incredibly sloppy, which leads to mistakes. Serial killers work best under the radar, and can operate for years without detection. The only way this might work is take this back before roughly 1990.

Watch the series Mindhunter, I think it's on Netflix, you'll get a real clear idea of how serial killers actually work. It's fascinating.

I was gonna say, most serial killers rarely use guns because of the noise they produce. Setting off bombs would almost certainly generate a lot of unwanted attention from the authorities as well. I'm also a bit confused what it means to "kill through simulation". Of course this could all just be the ramblings of a lunatic, but I'd kinda consider that interpretation to be a cop-out.