Amazon Advertising/Book Promotion

Thread: Amazon Advertising/Book Promotion

Amazon Advertising/Book Promotion

I was thinking of using Amazon PPC type advertising for my book. I chose this type of promotion because I have ran similar campaigns on Google for different products in my work and have some idea on how to do it...or not.

Trouble is on reading the endless conditions which have more words and pages than most books, I can't see whether my book or in fact any other book written falls into Amazons acceptance conditions to be advertised.

I understand about what the Ad must and must not look like (no naked ladies etc), but when Amazon refer to the content, are they talking about the advert or the content of the book?

I can't find anywhere to ask at Amazon either on their help pages. Tis quite confusing.

Can anybody help who has done such advertising with Amazon please?

Currently Amazon is offering ads that run on the Kindle's lock screen. Y'know, those screens that flash on the kindle before you unlock them. They also offer margin ads on the Amazon page for people searching for books.

The problem with the unlock ads is that you are now competing with Prime TV shows and movies...not just other books. You are literally competing with Amazon.

I have used these new ads, and while they don;t rack up big bills like the old ones...they do not seem entirely effective.
    I got better traffic & sales from a pinterest ad.

If you do the Amazon ads, do not go with their recommended ad price per click. They always want something like $2.50 per, and that is way, way out of line. Start with $0.25 and work your way up as traffic drops off.

Also, you will need to write a custom hook for the ads since they only allow something like 250 characters. So you need a really strong hook, but very short. Don't just try to use the first fifty words from the book blurb, you won't catch any fish with that bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Currently Amazon is offering ads that run on the Kindle's lock screen. Y'know, those screens that flash on the kindle before you unlock them. They also offer margin ads on the Amazon page for people searching for books.

The problem with the unlock ads is that you are now competing with Prime TV shows and movies...not just other books. You are literally competing with Amazon.

I have used these new ads, and while they don;t rack up big bills like the old ones...they do not seem entirely effective.
    I got better traffic & sales from a pinterest ad.

If you do the Amazon ads, do not go with their recommended ad price per click. They always want something like $2.50 per, and that is way, way out of line. Start with $0.25 and work your way up as traffic drops off.

Also, you will need to write a custom hook for the ads since they only allow something like 250 characters. So you need a really strong hook, but very short. Don't just try to use the first fifty words from the book blurb, you won't catch any fish with that bait.
    Cheers Ralph. It's been two years since I was doing Google Ads for a client and I imagine its based the same and you are correct....forget what they say as they just want money.

My problem is the criterea to what they say is acceptable for the book cover and content..........or is it just the Ad and the Ad content? This is what isn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post

I can't find anywhere to ask at Amazon either on their help pages. Tis quite confusing.
    It's pretty hard to find. If I remember correctly, to contact them, it's under help > type in a question > click "still doesn't answer my question" > then there's some common FAQ > Click "other" > then there's an option to contact support

It's awful, I found it by accident after struggling for months