The realisation that you ARE old..

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The realisation that you ARE old..

Blog Entries

The realisation that you ARE old..

and coming to terms with my newly acquired status.
    It feels so weird. I become elligable for the state pension early in the new year and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I certainly am feeling my years and the aches and pains are too many to mention but.... REALLY, how do I feel about that? getting off/giving up, my workaday existance. I don't know.
    I started work when I was fifteen and have never been unemployed, that's a lot of work-days.
    It's going to be interesting. I think.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I used to come home from a days work and relax, now my time is filled with things to do from the time I get up in the morning 'til the time I retire at night. Partly I am seen as available and doing nothing, partly the bodily malfunction is progressive and I am a lot slower. Between the two the time gets filled.
    If the aches and pains get too much I knock back a couple of paras. I used to be careful about them, long term usage is not good for you, but I'm old now, there will be no long term usage.
    I go off and do something at least one day a week. The missus says she needs some time without me there, she's used to it, it's when she gets things done.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    and coming to terms with my newly acquired status.
    It feels so weird. I become elligable for the state pension early in the new year and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I certainly am feeling my years and the aches and pains are too many to mention but.... REALLY, how do I feel about that? getting off/giving up, my workaday existance. I don't know.
    I started work when I was fifteen and have never been unemployed, that's a lot of work-days.
    It's going to be interesting. I think.

Dear Dithering Dither.... Maybe now it is time for you to start thinking about your life... differently... maybe you can start slowing down, if you are anxious about not working at all, maybe find a part time job doing something you enjoy... maybe you will feel rejuvenated, and excited by all the new possibilities you now have the time to pursue... ')
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    At the moment I'm finding the prospect of being retired interesting and I'm curious to see how the "new me" evolves.
    I don't want to turn into a couch potato but I do find the thought of an easier life-style appealing.
    Would like to get out more, seek out new "fly on the wall" experiences.
    Maj, if I do decide to find some kind of short/part- time occupation, I don't know, something voluntary perhaps.
    We shall see. New life, new world, new horizons. Perhaps.
    Last edited by dither; December 14th, 2019 at 10:23 AM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Fabulous! I love your attitude! I know you will enjoy this time in your life, time is not on our side, Dither... it is not a renewable resource....so make your time wonderful, be good to yourself, you have earned that right...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

I find it's best to go about bothering people. :p

Voluntary work has the advantage that the people you will meet as workmates are probably also volunteers, it ups the chances of them being decent. I predict a real need for volunteers in all sorts of walks since the election.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I turned 62 last month, so I'm now officially old.

Come spring, I'll be starting a new career as a sculptor. Way back when I was in college, I took a sculpture class and really got into it. I also took painting, but being color blind, I was somewhat handicapped, but that's not a handicap for sculpture--not the kind I do, anyway.

I don't know if I'll be able to sell anything, since what I do is more in line with early modern art than anything contemporary, but I'm going to do it anyway. You never know unless you try.

Nope, not yet. Five years ago, when I turned 70, I started playing golf - I have no intention of growing old...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    I turned 62 last month, so I'm now officially old.
    62 is NOT old! Anyway, 60 is the new 50...soooo..... you have many years to create your sculptures... ..
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast