The realisation that you ARE old.. - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The realisation that you ARE old..

Catching my reflection in an unexpected full length mirror, and thinking to myself, 'Who's that old man?'
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Mr.Buckle,
    I AM, rather, struggling to come to terms with my newly acquired status, although strictly speaking, I have a few more days yet. It's not that I mind so much as I feel a bit of fraud. There's no denying my age of course and nor would I want to, it's just that... oh I don't know, it's represents a completely different mindset. I think.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Mr.Buckle,
    I AM, rather, struggling to come to terms with my newly
    acquired status, although strictly speaking, I have a few more days yet. It's not that I mind so much as I feel a bit of fraud. There's no denying my age of course and nor would I want to, it's just that... oh I don't know, it's represents a completely different mindset. I think.
    yes.
    yes, you do.
    *stares at WF challenges*
    *creates lego maze*
    *carefully places*
    *fish*
    *chip*
    *fish*
    *chip*

" I like it, but I donít get it." - Megan WF April LM Challenge

"Hereby copyright for all things Xonian and Xxildurim is transferred to one named -xXx-" - Mish The Question Game 2458

i wrote this:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mr.Buckle,
    I AM, rather, struggling to come to terms with my newly acquired status, although strictly speaking, I have a few more days yet. It's not that I mind so much as I feel a bit of fraud. There's no denying my age of course and nor would I want to, it's just that... oh I don't know, it's represents a completely different mindset. I think.
    We retired early a few years ago and it was very strange at first. Even though we thought it was great, we were still just kind of lost for a while. Good luck with it.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sorry that I've finished work , errrm, I think. To be honest, I was going to work on Friday nights dead on my feet. My BODY had had enough but to stop, totally, I'm finding that difficult. Physically, I'd had enough. Mentally, I'm tired, I mean, REALLY, tired. On the one hand, I want find some sort of diversion, but on the other hand, I don't know if I can be bothered. How weird is that?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    I've been self-employed for the past 15 years, so "retirement" to me means getting rid of annoying clients and working on projects of my choosing--some of which, hopefully, will result in extra income.

I'm not sorry that I've finished work , errrm, I think. To be honest, I was going to work on Friday nights dead on my feet. My BODY had had enough but to stop, totally, I'm finding that difficult. Physically, I'd had enough. Mentally, I'm tired, I mean, REALLY, tired. On the one hand, I want find some sort of diversion, but on the other hand, I don't know if I can be bothered. How weird is that?

My dear dithering Dither, give yourself a LOT of time to sort it all out... it feels strange, but having time to do what you WANT to do, is a gift.... soon, you will develop a new, wonderful routine....you said that you are mentally tired, imagine all the possibilities, when your mind is rested, refreshed and not stressed out...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

She's right, and don't get pushed into stuff you don't want. For example voluntary work is great, but it doesn't have to be in a charity shop, you could be helping youth groups or prisoners with their writing, or anything you fancy. Personally I mostly write and garden, but that is not always what anyyone else wants me to do
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

The first things I did were deep clean and de-clutter the house from top to bottom, then a month long tropical getaway in the wintertime, just because we could. Also, the rates are cheaper per night if you stay for a month so it wasn't much more than two weeks would have been.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 30th, 2019 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    The first things I did were deep clean and de-clutter the house from top to bottom, then a month long tropical stay, in the wintertime.
    I see from your post in the 'I order you to..' thread that you have re-cluttered since
    Hidden Content