The realisation that you ARE old.. - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The realisation that you ARE old..

A generation ago 62 would have been getting on, not now. I think the average life expectation of someone that age is a bit over ninety. when the old age pension was introduced in England only about a third of working men made it to sixty five to collect it. Now at 62 you probably still have nearly a third of your life to come. I have a serious, chronic illness and take bucket-fulls of medication; I'm 75 too, and definitely not old yet.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    62 is NOT old! Anyway, 60 is the new 50....... ..
    I don't buy that I'm afraid, sorry Maj. With the aid of modern medicine we just have more time to kill. Like sculpture I suppose.

Oh dear, enough said I think.

Actually, I do wish that I had an interest to pursue.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Voluntary work has the advantage that the people you will meet as workmates are probably also volunteers, it ups the chances of them being decent. I predict a real need for volunteers in all sorts of walks since the election.
    People, oh dear, I'd forgotten about those creatures. Do I have to?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    People, oh dear, I'd forgotten about those creatures. Do I have to?
    Maybe not! I know someone who volunteers at the zoo. He doesn't deal with customers but only helps take care of one type of animal. I don't remember which one now but it might be giraffes.

Old is just a state of mind.
    In the Marines, my civilian leave clothing was a Hawaiian shirt and polyester pants. Guys in my platoon called me "Old Man Winston". At age 19, I was already crotchety. Have been all my life.
    dither, you are what you are. No matter what age you attain.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Old is just a state of mind.
    In the Marines, my civilian leave clothing was a Hawaiian shirt and polyester pants. Guys in my platoon called me "Old Man Winston". At age 19, I was already crotchety. Have been all my life.
    dither, you are what you are. No matter what age you attain.
    I reckon I'd go along with that.

Ma'am, if I do anything at all, I could see myself out in the country side helping with voluntary clean-ups.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    Dither the eco-warrior lol!
    Now THERE'S a thought. Not.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

I've done some volunteering over the years. My last one was playing music at an old folks home. They seemed to appreciate it and it was fun. Maybe someday I'll do it again.

Blog Entries
    Well that's it. I'm done with work. Retired. I've climbed that hill. And it feels so weird, surreal.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Well that's it. I'm done with work. Retired. I've climbed that hill. And it feels so weird, surreal.
    yeah.
    life can be that way.
    some. times.
    usually passes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Persistence_of_Memory.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	25191

best,
    " I like it, but I donít get it." - Megan WF April LM Challenge

"Hereby copyright for all things Xonian and Xxildurim is transferred to one named -xXx-" - Mish The Question Game 2458

i wrote this:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content