My Heart Is Broken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Heart Is Broken

My Heart Is Broken

Look, I've searched and found no thread about deaths and to be honest I'm too upset to keep looking, so sue me if this should be somewhere else.

I'm just looking in to advise you all my cat Molly (also known as Millie) died last night. I took her to the vet yesterday, fearing she had gone blind (she had) and we were to make a plan later today. However fate intervened and she passed away early this morning. My heart is broken.

RIP Molly/Millie (2002-2019)

Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Sorry to hear, Trolls. Losing a pet is always pretty traumatic. I was with my Collie when they put her down and it was quite emotional. Anyhow, expect a lot of virtual hugs. You're not alone here.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Condolences. We said goodbye to my 20 year old CatCat in June. I had her more than half my life. Big hole to fill, but we did start an unexpected chapter with this guy. Potato Cat. He has helped a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191017_164054_264.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	25157

- D.

awww, I am so sorry, Trollheart.... That you loved her so much, says a lot about you and about her... *Hugs"

I had an experience like yours... My Mini Pincher developed what we thought was an abscessed tooth, took her to the Vet, found out it was cancer... I know this was such a shock to you...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

(virtual hugs!)

I'm so sorry about Molly/Millie, Trollheart. I know she meant a great deal to you. I don't want to "like" your post because I know you're in pain.

If it's any comfort, Rainbow Kitty's still around 286K into the WIP (and Morris is immortal. That cat's never dying). All of the cats (and even the dog) got much beefier parts because of our earlier discussions.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

I'm sorry, Trolls. I have been there so many times, myself. The love they have and give to us is so pure, it is a hard, hard loss. Hang in there! *Big Hugs*
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

My deepest condolences, Trollheart. ((HUG))
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

Thanks to you all for your sympathy and understanding. A lot of people don't get it when you cry over a pet - hey, it's not a human is it? I remember when I got a call at work from my mam (lord rest her soul) to tell me that our dog Bruce had to be put to sleep, and I just ran into the gents crying like a girl. One of the guys came in after me, asked was I ok and then went back to the office shrugging saying "yeah it's just his dog." Like I say, if you don't have or never have had a pet you probably won't or don't understand, but we know: it's like losing one of the family. We had the three amigos (Ritchie, RIP, Millie, RIP and Eddie) for seventeen long and happy years - well, Ritchie for fifteen - and it's just so hard to think of them being reduced to the one amigo. It's, well, I can't say much more really without getting too upset. It's just, hard, you know?

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts. It's very much appreciated. And Potato Cat looks just so cute...

TH
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

My sympathies, Trollheart. It's always so much worse when it happens so quickly.

Seventeen years is a good run. I have no doubt that her life was filled with lots of love and good music.

Take care, man.

Ive walked this path Poppie a miniature schnauzer has my heart, always will
    made this joke often
    i would give my arm up to the elbow to save any of my children
    whereas my dog
    lets face it
    the whole arm
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast