I order you to... - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I order you to...

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I am far too dense to even know what that means lol.
    Don't expect me to pass that by.

A sonnet is a sort of poem, the rest tells you what is special about it.
    It has fourteen lines.
    A syllable is a group of letters that contain one pronounced vowel, so star. pour, and cane are all one syllable words.
    A foot is the smallest unit of meter, it consists of a group of syllables one of which is stressed.
    The simplest feet are iambs; an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed one, 'Iamb' is an iamb.
    The meter of the poem is expressed by the sort and number of feet in a line, so a penta/meter has five feet, an iambic pentameter has five iambs, ten syllables.
    The poem will be about something, but on line seven it changes its way of looking at the subject for five lines.
    You should use a rhyming scheme for the first twelve lines.Then the last two lines sum up and round things off with a couplet, that is they rhyme with each other.

See, you don't have to be super clever to understand it, just know what the words mean.

It is a form that has been going strong for hundreds of years, people don't keep using something in that way unless there is something in it.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rose View Post
    I order you to...
    serve me
    want me
    bow before me
    beg for me
    Where is your dungeon and how much do you charge for this? I wonder.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I order you to get me a spoon because I just sat down and I forgot to stir the sweetener into my coffee.

Also, gimme some socks. My feet are cold.

Finally, CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM. AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Thank you.

Oh Ma’am Neo said there is no spoon
    i will stir your coffee with your socks
    that way your feet will be immediately warmed
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Originally Posted by River Rose
    I order you to...
    serve me
    want me
    bow before me
    beg for me

just this once
    can you click my card
    as it seems if i get this 9 times
    i get one free

We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Quote Originally Posted by Gofa View Post
    Originally Posted by River Rose
    I order you to...
    serve me
    want me
    bow before me
    beg for me

just this once
    can you click my card
    as it seems if i get this 9 times
    i get one free

I will happily click your card.
    Consider yourself clicked.
    Just b warned,,,if u bow for me once
    U will bow again
    I have skills
    Last edited by River Rose; March 30th, 2020 at 06:08 PM.

i order you to clean my floors. Yeah, the dog pooped over there. Missed his pee pad again. It's his favorite corner, he usually pisses on it when he gets mad at me (like if I delay dinner five minutes). Now, fold those towels and sheets. Fill those ice trays. When you're finished you can mow my lawn. Git 'er done!
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

I will happily click your card
    Consider yourself clicked
    Just b warned,,,if u bow for me once
    U will bow for me again
    I have skills.

Nice Kitty

Ma’am Looking at your current Avatar that new diet you were trying was not the success you had hoped for

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast