I am in Loooove!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am in Loooove!!!!

I am in Loooove!!!!

After the death of my 2 Mini Pincher companions, I swore I would NEVER have another canine companion... the pain of their loss was overwhelming.... however... I was not complete without a dog to share my life with.... soooo.... meet Minni Mouze! She is a 10 week old American Bully.... This is a new breed, that has only been recognized by the AKC since 2014, some say since 2010... these dogs are not for the faint of heart, lol.... She will be about 19 inches tall, but will weigh in at 80 to 105 pounds.... These are powerful dogs, gentle but very protective...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20191208_154654.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	25138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20191208_154543.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	25139
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Ah, the problem with dogs, they have such short lives compared to us. I have had two dogs in my life, they say you should have three. The thing is I didn't go out to find a dog, they both found me, so I am waiting for the third.

You call it a dog, but say 'she', so I am guessing a bitch. Time to start training, a well trained dog is a joy. I did not own a lead for my dogs, they wandered free because I knew that 'Oi! heel' would bring them there and 'Stay by' would keep them there on crowded streets or with busy traffic. If Towser saw a rabbit he would tremble all over, but he wouldn't give chase without the say so. Life is much nicer for the dog if it is free to follow its nose and not tied to you all the time, walking sensibly to heel is the starting process. They will learn to obey any signal, better in a way if they have personalised commands or signals, then other people can't confuse them.

I was contrary about naming, Towser means a particularly fierce and aggressive dog, but he was the most gentle you could imagine, the one before was called 'Curly' because he had dead straight hair as a pup, but it curled all over when he grew up.

Wishing you many happy years with your new love
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Thank you, Ollie... Her {Minnie Mouzer} training has already started, we are working on her potty training, her sit and stay commands, and I am teaching her the "leave it" command.... that is for when she bothers stuff she is not supposed to...

I know dogs live short lives, so hopefully I can make her years wonderful...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

We said goodbye to my 20 year old CatCat in June...a mere three days later fate brought Potato Cat into our lives. He has been a boon, as different from my CatCat as night to day. Rue Dog was convinced that Potato was an invading alien force for the first day or so, but once he figured out his pack liked the ball of floof, he thought it was the greatest thing since bread came sliced. Rue had never encountered a kitten, so Potato Cat was a bit of a learning curve. Now Potato is almost nine months old and you never see Rue Dog without Potato Cat.

Love is not a finite resource, what is needed is the courage to dare to give it again, knowing what is to come when goodbye arrives. Potato Cat has made Rue an even better dog than he already was...(and yes, Rue Dog has his faults), while Rue has taught Potato to respect boundaries.

As much as we want to give our pets good, happy lives, I think it is safe to say they enrich ours even more. Kudos on the new baby...they are worth it.

Congratulations on your new bestest friend!

I like her markings. Reminds me of a tuxedo cat. I was wondering if this was common with the breed so I image googled it. The dogs I saw (mostly adults) look like a bulldog/pit mix. Is this accurate?

Well she is an American Bully... that is the official breed name, years ago when this breed was starting, there was mastiff, American Pit Bull and Staffordshire Terrier used to create the American Bully, through about 30 years of breeding, a lot of the American Pit Bull aggression has been bred out of the American Bully, yes, they are protective, but they are not as likely to bite even a stranger, unless provoked... the Bully is noted for its ability to read a persons body language to determine it there is a real threat...

Most Bully owners cut their dogs ears, but I cannot justify that kind of cruelty...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Staffs are lovely friendly dogs, and my friend as a teen had a mastiff that could not be kept and went to the RAF to be trained as a guard dog. They sent it back, they could train it to chase and bring someone down, but then it would pin them to the floor and lick their face, it was just a game to him.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Staffs are lovely friendly dogs, and my friend as a teen had a mastiff that could not be kept and went to the RAF to be trained as a guard dog. They sent it back, they could train it to chase and bring someone down, but then it would pin them to the floor and lick their face, it was just a game to him.
    Great dogs, if you don't mind the drool.

Over here we call them "gentle giants".

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Most Bully owners cut their dogs ears, but I cannot justify that kind of cruelty...
    Do they stay floppy? If so, don't cut them.

If not, don't cut them.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post

Do they stay floppy? If so, don't cut them.

If not, don't cut them.

Exactly!
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Minnie Mouzer aka Smooch [ because of her big sloppy puppy kisses] is doing great with her potty training... seriously, she is so smart, and I am not just saying that because she is my puppy... I am not one to brag, but she is doing fabulously.... she is now going to the door when she wants out...

I did have to change her diet... when I read the ingredients on the puppy food I noticed there is a lot of grain fillers, so I switched her to a grain free food... Blue Wilderness, Made by Blue Buffalo ....and I supplement her diet with eggs to boost her protein...

I also read that coconut oil is a natural antibiotic and it helps protect her against skin problems...so I have added a tiny amount to her food... she has gained 3 and1/4 pounds in less than a week...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast