I am in Loooove!!!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I am in Loooove!!!!

FIRE & OLLY -- There is a light, airy, touchy-feely, fondly lovey-dovey undercurrent in this exchange between you two dewy-eyed dog lovers . . ! A trained puppy is a PUPPET? And. . . .hello?. . . hello? . . . --operator, there's something wrong with this connection. I'm hearing gibberish at the other end. For a moment it sounded like my party said she wanted her dog to be a free spirit and NOT follow orders (clark and the operator laugh hysterically for a minute)! Operator: "Oh Sir! that's the craziest thing I've heard since Uncle Joe's joke about the honest politician. I'll get right on it."

Olly's right, she is a puppy and you want to enjoy her. Make training a BAG OF FUN for her. Easy to do. You really can have your cake and eat it too. My puppies were always full of fun and enjoying life, and by 8 months they had the basics down pat. They didn't even realize they were being trained. . . .

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

[QUOTE=clark;2263987]FIRE & OLLY -- There is a light, airy, touchy-feely, fondly lovey-dovey undercurrent in this exchange between you two dewy-eyed dog lovers . . ! A trained puppy is a PUPPET? And. . . .hello?. . . hello? . . . --operator, there's something wrong with this connection. I'm hearing gibberish at the other end. For a moment it sounded like my party said she wanted her dog to be a free spirit and NOT follow orders (clark and the operator laugh hysterically for a minute)! Operator: "Oh Sir! that's the craziest thing I've heard since Uncle Joe's joke about the honest politician. I'll get right on it."[Quote]

O GAWD Clark... you just can't help yourself, can you? "Dewy eyed dog lover"... your alliteration is showing
    I love you to bits....
    I guess what I was trying to express[ and keep in mind I do not have your poetic skills] is that Bullys are different than most dogs... they do not blindly follow orders unless they understand the reason behind the order... and that takes maturity for the Bully...
    Of course I want her to be obedient and well trained, but I do love the Bully personality, and I want to work WITH those traits, not against them...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20200120_114827.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	25339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20200115_143809.JPG 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	25340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20200115_151102.JPG 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	25341

After destroying her new toys, Smooch relaxes on the couch.... Her manners are slowly improving and she is starting to be more aware of what I am doing, if I am snoozing on the couch, she will join me, instead of demanding play time...

I am going to take her to get her nails trimmed and to check out some obedience classes...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345