I am in Loooove!!!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am in Loooove!!!!

So it is not just the surgery that will cost, she will cost a fortune to feed. Big dogs have big appetites.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Yesterday Smooch [ aka Minnie Mouze] had her fist checkup, She weighed in at 15.4 pounds, The Vet gave her a complete physical exam and said the Smooch is in awesome health .... except for just one thing... I noticed the her right eye looks irritated and sometimes it has a slight discharge, like tears... The Vest said Smooch has something called "Entropion"... This happens when a puppy's eyelid [ usually the lower one] folds inward, causing the eyelashes to grow inward and rub against the cornea, causing irritation. Smooch has to have surgery to fix it... The Vet wants to wait until Smooch is 5 months old before she undergoes this surgery, for now, she is on eye drops... This is an expensive surgery, but I am more than prepared to spend what ever I have to, I want her to be as happy and healthy as she can be...

The Vet said Smooch is going to be a "VERY big girl"... Her bones are massive, and her feet are huge!
    Entropion is common in human beings, too. If the eyelid droops outward, it's called extropion, Either one is, yes, corrected with minor surgery. No biggie.
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    So it is not just the surgery that will cost, she will cost a fortune to feed. Big dogs have big appetites.
    Interestingly, because giant breeds have a slower metabolism, they don't eat as much as most people think. Small and medium dogs, left to their own devices, will eat a person out of house and home. I currently have a Husky. Holy crap! LOL
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

Another advantage of having a dog that will come and doesn't need a lead. I said to my friend Mick that his whippet was getting fat, "I know, I haven't fed her for months, it's all the Kentucky fried rat she finds."
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dickface.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	25181

Name:	WIN_20191229_063109.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	25225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20191229_063123.JPG 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	25226

Smoooch is growing! She weighs in at 20.4 pounds, knows her sit, stay, leave it commands, is potty trained, and leash trained... she has another vet visit Friday for her last set of puppy shots... her personality is really starting to show and it is awesome.... well, because she is fearless...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    she is fearless...
    That is terrier. There used to be a Yorkie, about half a pound of tiny dog, lived down the road from me. When it got out no one, man or dog, walked down the road its side, everything had to cross over. I have seen it make Alsatians that could have swallowed it whole back down.
    Hidden Content

lol... right! When I was a pet groomer, my worst clients were the tiny canines.... hell hounds.... Smoooch is already alerting me when someone steps on the patio... BEFORE the knock on the door... she does not bark, but instead gives a low growl.... I am sure she thinks it is intimidating....
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

That's great she is letting you know quietly, dogs that bark, bark, bark can be a real pain. Sometimes they howl if they are left alone. When wolves are hunting big game the pack spreads out in line across so they cover a strip of territory several miles wide. They stop and howl to each other every so often to stay in touch, so I guess it is the poor lonely dog trying to get back in touch with the humans that make its pack. The way to stop the neighbours complaining is to take your dog with you everywhere Curly used to come to college with me and wait outside the class until I came out. He was usually pretty good, but he hated uniforms for some reason, I remember leaving him outside the library and keeping an eye on him through the window when he saw a policeman coming. He went about twenty yards toward him and then barked at him from seven or eight feet away all the way past the library before coming back and sitting where I had told him to stay.
    Hidden Content

Smoooch Proof!

Smooch is now 31 pounds.... her bark is sounding very impressive, but sadly, her manners are .... well... still a work in progress... sometimes she is exhausting....

Name:	WIN_20200111_164516.JPG 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	25291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20200111_164532.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	25292
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast