I am in Loooove!!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am in Loooove!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Minnie Mouzer aka Smooch [ because of her big sloppy puppy kisses] is doing great with her potty training... seriously, she is so smart, and I am not just saying that because she is my puppy... I am not one to brag, but she is doing fabulously.... she is now going to the door when she wants out...
    I'm wondering if it has something to do with her facial markings: that stripe that goes up her nose and the white chest like a border collie, which, last I heard, are supposed to be the most intelligent dog breed.

I have a tuxedo cat and he is by far the most intelligent cat I've ever owned. I've been told that tuxedo cats tend to be intelligent.

Seems unlikely that a fur pattern could correspond with intelligence but you never know..

My great pyrenees had marvelous leash manners. Most of the time, I'd just put the leash handle in my pocket, and he'd just happily walk along with me. He obeyed the "sit" command, but other than that, being mastiff stock, he had a mind of his own, and his attitude was always, "You're not the boss of me!" LOL
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post
    I'm wondering if it has something to do with her facial markings: that stripe that goes up her nose and the white chest like a border collie, which, last I heard, are supposed to be the most intelligent dog breed.

I have a tuxedo cat and he is by far the most intelligent cat I've ever owned. I've been told that tuxedo cats tend to be intelligent.

Seems unlikely that a fur pattern could correspond with intelligence but you never know..

No, it has nothing to do with her markings, she is just a brilliant, exceptional puppy! Just kidding.... kinda... but seriously, I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    My great pyrenees had marvelous leash manners. Most of the time, I'd just put the leash handle in my pocket, and he'd just happily walk along with me. He obeyed the "sit" command, but other than that, being mastiff stock, he had a mind of his own, and his attitude was always, "You're not the boss of me!" LOL
    LOL... right Great Pyrenees are such fabulous dogs, I used to be a pet groomer and the Pyrenees are so gentle and mannerly ... Minnie refuses to walk on her leash... she flings herself backwards and growls and has a real temper tantrum... I am hoping I can out smart her.... One web site said that Mastiffs and other bully type dogs do not obey a command unless they understand the logic behind the command...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Your puppy looks amazing. You are in for an amazing adventure! So glad Smooch has allowed you to be her pack leader.
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

My Mastiff friend (not sure what variety she is) likes to hold the leash handle when when we walk her. No fear of her running off because she's frightened by just about everything: trucks, brooms, placemats, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Your puppy looks amazing. You are in for an amazing adventure! So glad Smooch has allowed you to be her pack leader.
    Thank you! I am so thrilled with her...I will post a lot of pics and bore you to death, so you can watch her grow up

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post
    My Mastiff friend (not sure what variety she is) likes to hold the leash handle when when we walk her. No fear of her running off because she's frightened by just about everything: trucks, brooms, placemats, you name it.
    A cowardly Giant... you should write a children's book... that would be so cool....
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Doggie pics are never boring.

A cowardly Giant... you should write a children's book... that would be so cool....
    That's an idea...perhaps from the POV of a Mastiff: "Why is everyone so scared of me?"

After the death of my 2 Mini Pincher companions, I swore I would NEVER have another canine companion... the pain of their loss was overwhelming..

There is no pain like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    There is no pain like it.

Absolutely not.... and until you have lived side by side, with a canine companion, shared your life with them, loved them and been loved by them... you simply will not "get" it....
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Smooch goes to the Vet

Yesterday Smooch [ aka Minnie Mouze] had her fist checkup, She weighed in at 15.4 pounds, The Vet gave her a complete physical exam and said the Smooch is in awesome health .... except for just one thing... I noticed the her right eye looks irritated and sometimes it has a slight discharge, like tears... The Vest said Smooch has something called "Entropion"... This happens when a puppy's eyelid [ usually the lower one] folds inward, causing the eyelashes to grow inward and rub against the cornea, causing irritation. Smooch has to have surgery to fix it... The Vet wants to wait until Smooch is 5 months old before she undergoes this surgery, for now, she is on eye drops... This is an expensive surgery, but I am more than prepared to spend what ever I have to, I want her to be as happy and healthy as she can be...

The Vet said Smooch is going to be a "VERY big girl"... Her bones are massive, and her feet are huge!
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast