The New "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop - Page 46

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36383940414243444546474849505152535456 ... LastLast

Thread: The New "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    It is available to everyone, except for February, which is an annual comp that requires an invitation. Next up for everyone is the March comp. We start looking for prompts for March towards the end of February and will announce it on March 1. Hope to see you then!

That good news!
    Sure you'll see me again!
    I will be happy to participate in March!
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

It is available to everyone, except for February, which is an annual comp that requires an invitation. Next up for everyone is the March comp. We start looking for prompts for March towards the end of February and will announce it on March 1. Hope to see you then!
    Prompts? What is that?
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAz View Post
    Prompts? What is that?
    Hi Az, prompts suggestions are what we use for each LM comp. Anytime after the 15th (or whenever the current month's comp goes to the judges) members can go to the LM coffee shop and post a suggestion for a prompt for the upcoming month's comp. The host for that month (me, in March) will keep track of the suggestions as they come in and if there is a second for any of them, that suggestion goes on the list for voting, which happens about a week or so before the end of the month. Then, on the first of the month, the prompt with the most votes is the one selected for that months' LM comp and the host announces it and the comp begins!

Some of the prompts are a little weird, by my standards anyway, but that only presents more of a challenge. They have not announced the prompt for February yet, but I have received an invitation so I am determined to come up with something. The prompts really run the list from great, to not so much. Sometimes they are just train of thought, like "space beetles," or "gun metal." Other times, someone has put some thought into it, or it reflects something going on in their lives. So don't be afraid to jump in there with your thoughts and ideas.

Sue
    Last edited by SueC; January 30th, 2021 at 03:49 PM.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Speaking of which, should the poll be up now?
    In my mouth, if there be sweetness,
    It has come from my Creator;
    If my hands are filled with beauty,
    All the beauty comes from God.
    ~ from The Kalevala (paraphrased)

Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

~ Psalm 73:25

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    You can participate if you've received an invitation PM. February's LM is different from the rest of the year. It's sort of like an annual 'championship.'

Please see this post- https://www.writingforums.com/thread...=1#post2325356
    Hi Az, prompts suggestions are what we use for each LM comp. Anytime after the 15th (or whenever the current month's comp goes to the judges) members can go to the LM coffee shop and post a suggestion for a prompt for the upcoming month's comp. The host for that month (me, in March) will keep track of the suggestions as they come in and if there is a second for any of them, that suggestion goes on the list for voting, which happens about a week or so before the end of the month. Then, on the first of the month, the prompt with the most votes is the one selected for that months' LM comp and the host announces it and the comp begins!

Some of the prompts are a little weird, by my standards anyway, but that only presents more of a challenge. They have not announced the prompt for February yet, but I have received an invitation so I am determined to come up with something. The prompts really run the list from great, to not so much. Sometimes they are just train of thought, like "space beetles," or "gun metal." Other times, someone has put some thought into it, or it reflects something going on in their lives. So don't be afraid to jump in there with your thoughts and ideas.

Sue
    *yup. i read wings.... *
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowInTheBowOfTheLord View Post
    Speaking of which, should the poll be up now?
    pretty sure the feb invitational challenge theme/prompt is selected privately.
    BUT there will be a reader's choice poll for feb GFC submissions.
    *pretty sure all of them will be bd*
    *trying on multiple authoring hats*
    *successfully*

start thinking about prompts
    to suggest around feb 15,
    for sue's for march LM challenge,

isn't this an incredible challenge?
    i think so.
    yes, i do.
    " I like it, but I donít get it." - Megan WF April LM Challenge

"Hereby copyright for all things Xonian and Xxildurim is transferred to one named -xXx-" - Mish The Question Game 2458

"...intrusively poetic, robotic way of articulating thought." - Sycamore LM coffee shop 347

i wrote this:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    (share it with someone you treasure)
    *flash*
    Hidden Content

Sue
    I get confused with all the LM threads. Which particular thread is it, or will it actually be called 'prompt thread' or something of that nature?

I get confused with all the LM threads. Which particular thread is it, or will it actually be called 'prompt thread' or something of that nature?
    Prompts are put in the "LM Coffee Shop" at the very top of the list after you click on Literary Maneuvers. (Click Here) Go to the last post under the Coffee Shop and in the next one put in your post(s) for prompt suggestions. Submit. The host will take it from there.

Go down past the grey area of instructional posts and you will see that - there are typically 3 posts for each month and because timelines sometimes overlap, they do not always look sequential on the list under "Literary Maneuvers Forum." They are, for example:

1. Prompts for March 2021 (This is a list of about ten prompts gleaned from all seconded submissions in the "coffee shop" for the month of March). You can vote for only one prompt. Typically the results are not available until the day the prompt is announced.

2. Literary Maneuvers March 2021: <Title of the Prompt for March 2021> This is where you submit your story, unless you want it to go in the secure area under "Challenge Workshops." If you just post it, it will be considered "published," but not if you use the secure area. I can explain more on that later. If you want it posted anonymously and secure, you can send it to the host.

3. SCORES: Literary Maneuvers March 2021 <Title of the Prompt for March 2021> The scores are tallied by the host and posted with reviews from the judges.

Does this help? I know it all sounds confusing, so I can go over it again if you need to.

Sue
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Prompts are put in the "LM Coffee Shop" at the very top of the list after you click on Literary Maneuvers. (Click Here) Go to the last post under the Coffee Shop and in the next one put in your post(s) for prompt suggestions. Submit. The host will take it from there.

Go down past the grey area of instructional posts and you will see that - there are typically 3 posts for each month and because timelines sometimes overlap, they do not always look sequential on the list under "Literary Maneuvers Forum." They are, for example:

1. Prompts for March 2021 (This is a list of about ten prompts gleaned from all seconded submissions in the "coffee shop" for the month of March). You can vote for only one prompt. Typically the results are not available until the day the prompt is announced.

2. Literary Maneuvers March 2021: <Title of the Prompt for March 2021> This is where you submit your story, unless you want it to go in the secure area under "Challenge Workshops." If you just post it, it will be considered "published," but not if you use the secure area. I can explain more on that later. If you want it posted anonymously and secure, you can send it to the host.

3. SCORES: Literary Maneuvers March 2021 <Title of the Prompt for March 2021> The scores are tallied by the host and posted with reviews from the judges.

Does this help? I know it all sounds confusing, so I can go over it again if you need to.

Sue
    It doesn't sound confusing, it is confusing! Anything is confusing to me though. This is the coffee shop, right? I submit my 'prompt' here?

It doesn't sound confusing, it is confusing! Anything is confusing to me though. This is the coffee shop, right? I submit my 'prompt' here?
    Now you mention it, yes it is confusing. And you can suggest more than one prompt. The Challenge Host, as Sue mentioned, keeps track of all the prompts and which ones receive a 'second' from another member(s).

A poll is created by the hosts and everyone has the opportunity to vote.

Here is January's poll
    https://www.writingforums.com/thread...ry-2021-Prompt

There is no open LM for February

the next LM is March
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Now you mention it, yes it is confusing. And you can suggest more than one prompt. The Challenge Host, as Sue mentioned, keeps track of all the prompts and which ones receive a 'second' from another member(s).

A poll is created by the hosts and everyone has the opportunity to vote.

Here is January's poll
    https://www.writingforums.com/thread...ry-2021-Prompt

There is no open LM for February

the next LM is March
    So, what do I do, just put my suggestion here? Like A Sunday stroll through the sewers. And then it's picked if it's sensible and added to the poll?