The New "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop - Page 44

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34363738394041424344454647484950515254 ... LastLast

Thread: The New "Literary Maneuvers" Coffee Shop

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAz View Post
    So ... what is this thread for? And what is next months theme?
    I should add that next month's challenge is our annual invite-only contest, which writers can qualify for via their performance throughout the year. We'll be back to doing our standard contests for March.

HJC

Incidentally, those of you with invites for February should now have received them. These are the ways to have qualified...

• Previous GFC winner
    • Finished in the top 3 of the LM during 2020
    • Won the LM during 2019
    • Judged at least once in 2020 and at least five times overall

If anyone feels that they should have qualified but haven't received an invite via PM, please notify me and I'll look into it.

HJC

Quote Originally Posted by Harper J. Cole View Post
    I should add that next month's challenge is our annual invite-only contest, which writers can qualify for via their performance throughout the year. We'll be back to doing our standard contests for March.

HJC
    Thanks, HC. I'd forgotten there is no LM challenge in February. We could hold a fun Drabble challenge instead. No Prompt. No judges, winner is decided by a poll like the monthly poetry challenge?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

I would like to note that my entry for January is utter garbage. I'm not kidding or trolling for compliments. It's bad. Judges - feel free to ignore it and move on with your lives.

Seriously. I've already rewritten it, and sealed it with instructions that it only be opened and read after my death, my intention being that upon reading it, any mourners will feel a little better about my absence, and might say things like "well, it's definitely for the best" and "his death has certainly eased our suffering."

Please. Ignore it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Graphic Design. Illustration. Happy Dogs.
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    On behalf of the UNCwG let me be the first to applaud your lowly walk toward incarceration. The worst work of fiction or non-fiction [potentially] to ever grace WF.com communities ever ever, certainly requires a highlighting for generations as a warning.

Really, people with small arts ambition are a curse to society.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmadog View Post
    I would like to note that my entry for January is utter garbage. I'm not kidding or trolling for compliments. It's bad. Judges - feel free to ignore it and move on with your lives.

Seriously. I've already rewritten it, and sealed it with instructions that it only be opened and read after my death, my intention being that upon reading it, any mourners will feel a little better about my absence, and might say things like "well, it's definitely for the best" and "his death has certainly eased our suffering."

Please. Ignore it.
    Sorry, Sigmadog, there's no jumping off this train. I've been heating my pitchfork with my torch and you're up...er...your story is, anyway.

It's always nice to be a part of the LM judging and listen to the chorus of suffering writers. *sighs happily*

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    Sorry, Sigmadog, there's no jumping off this train. I've been heating my pitchfork with my torch and you're up...er...your story is, anyway.

It's always nice to be a part of the LM judging and listen to the chorus of suffering writers. *sighs happily*
    Be vicious. I deserve it.

Hidden Content

Please. Ignore it.
    Not on your life. Its counted; part of history. Years from now - "Who was that guy? Yes! It was Sigmadog! He's the one who wrote, you know, that story?" Yeah, it's happening, Sigma.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Blog Entries
    Be vicious. I deserve it.

As your competition this month I read this like...

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

"Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

The only thing missing in my story is "It was a dark and stormy night…".

Hidden Content