(Bit graphic in description)Help writing character pulling icetray out of head

Thread: (Bit graphic in description)Help writing character pulling icetray out of head

(Bit graphic in description)Help writing character pulling icetray out of head

I'm writing in instance in my story wherein my character pulls out an icetray lodged in his head. Hitting his skull about but not penetrating it, going through his temple's skin. I'm asking about help in displaying the amount of pain and struggle he would be displaying in the process of removing it.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Well, depending on how it's lodged, he really should seek out medical care because he could make the problem worse by yanking it out. Scalp wounds bleed fiercely. There isn't a lot of flesh on the skull, so I'm not sure how said ice tray could've gotten lodged in the guy's head without cracking the skull/penetrating it. Injuring him with it is no object, but generally bludgeons bounce off the flesh instead of penetrating it and getting stuck halfway.

It may or may not hurt. Sometimes shock and numbness set it, and a person won't be aware of an injury or feel any pain if they are aware. Because of the head injury, he may also suffer "la belle indifference" which sometimes happens in the wake of head injuries like concussions. Alternatively, it might hurt like hell.

It'll bleed if he gets it out, and the wound will likely be jagged and nasty (depending on the object's shape, how it entered his head and how he took it out).
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

What is the icetray made of? What about the mass? How old is the character?

I mean, if you accidentally hit a wood block by the edge (which I just did last week) on your temple and the surrounding area, well, the pain would feel like as if you just had your head bumped on blunt object, top it up by a few notches. The after-effect came several minutes later when I felt like about to pass out (dizzy, muffled hearing, cold sweat). I drank a lot of mineral water and sat down to recover myself.

Of course, I'm still young, so I was able to hold myself up. That may not result the same to elders, as they may go straight knocked down right after the impact.

What's dangerous is that temple area is prone to become fractured, causing the bone to become shrapnel to your brain if it's hit hard enough, which can be fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by danielvaldez90323 View Post
    I'm writing in instance in my story wherein my character pulls out an icetray lodged in his head. Hitting his skull about but not penetrating it, going through his temple's skin. I'm asking about help in displaying the amount of pain and struggle he would be displaying in the process of removing it.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    This makes no sense.
    Last edited by luckyscars; December 3rd, 2019 at 09:06 AM.
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

"Perhaps I write for no one. Perhaps for the same person children are writing for when they scrawl their names in the snow."

“Remember this: Dumbo didn’t need the feather; the magic was in him. ”

Hidden Content