Fading Humanity

Thread: Fading Humanity

Fading Humanity

Enlightenment of the unlearned
    is mankind's biggest untruth.
    Homeless and hungry will always be.

Fertile fields of technologies creation
    insecurity and blinders each in their rows.
    Neon gods and keyboard alters.

Wisdomís cup, no longer tasted
    treasure sought; immediate rewards
    Sycophantic enjoyment of faux ambrosia.

Times path forgotten
    new addiction unrecognized
    intelligence no longer prized

Alaricís barbarians at the gates
    ruins soon to make
    worry not, ashes are the birth place for a phoenix.
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

"They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

A beautiful poem about an ugly world. I like it.

It does make me worry, though. What kind of phoenix
    rises from toxic ashes?

Ditchweed, thanks for reading, liking, and commenting.In answer, A good one.One of fires traits is as a purifying agent.

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

anti Christ poetry
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Uh...sorry if I offended you.

​Virgil

​ Mark Twain

Pelrath

I bet you anything humanity will fade to humanness. They bug me all these 'ness's (not specifically in your poem but in general). I dislike the way clarity has been diluted to clearness in many papers I've read. The reason I rant a little here is because of the number of 'un's that hit me at the outset of this poem; I sense this may be deliberate. I like unity and understanding, but when dislike is corrupted to 'unlike' I get protective; that's just me and my linguistic preferences. There are a lot of 'of's in this poem, but they may be hard to reduce.

I think you mean altar rather than alter. You may also want apostrophes in "Time's" and "technology's".
    Kind regards,
    Hidden Content Katrina
    Hidden Content
    Choreographing Calligraphy

Pulse,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Yes, the ‘un’s’ were intentional, though I was using it as a negative opposite. Not necessarily bad but not good. Sorry if it was grammatically wrong. Yes, alters is wrong. In an earlier version I did use alters and my spellcheck and proofs did catch that. I didn’t catch the missing apostrophe’s so again thank you. I’ll make those corrections.

​Virgil

​ Mark Twain