Should I start my own blog tour to support other writers as well as my own brand?

Thread: Should I start my own blog tour to support other writers as well as my own brand?

Should I start my own blog tour to support other writers as well as my own brand?

Although there are already so many blog tour services online that do this for authors, I'm thinking about starting one myself for a few reasons:

1. Some bloggers weren't good enough about getting back to me, even though many were and did successful blog tours for my books.
    2. I feel that if I want others to support me, I should return the favor. I'm already doing that on Wattpad. I follow others, like, and comment on their stories, but I have not uploaded my permafree eBook yet. I feel that I want to have a platform there before uploading my own content.
    3: Although I love writing, I don't enjoy reading except if it's to help me with something, required (which shouldn't apply now that I'm out of college and don't have a full-time career yet), or an online news article that captures my attention. And even with those, I am not super-passionate about them.
    4: I think it's a good form of discipline to keep myself busy and have "homework". My idea is to attract authors, read their books they'd request that I might enjoy and review them, set up interview questions, publish guest posts, promo posts, offer giveaways, and share excerpts from peoples' books. Although I do work in my dad's office twice a week and six hours a day, I think this should be good for me. I feel that if I support others, maybe some will return the favor.
    And honestly, I should read more. I loved reading fiction for pleasure until 4th grade. And it has remained that way since. I'm in my mid-20's now and that lack of passion for reading fiction has stayed. The only exception was in 8th and 9th grade, when I would just read "Harry Potter" for pleasure. Since finishing that series, though, the absence of interest in fictional works has come back and stayed.
    So, is this a good idea to proceed with this? Would people actually trust me? While I've published 8 books, only 2 are on the market as the others weren't great. They were just decent and the first one was just terrible. The 2 selling books are getting great reviews, even if they're a bit slow since I no longer pay for review services, including those that only guarantee honest and unbiased reviews as those got deleted constantly.
    But if my brand name doesn't matter, and the service sounds appealing as well as my communication skills and professionalism, would this likely be successful?
    Should I charge for the service too? Or can it be non-profit and the money goes to charities, or free? I'm not financially independent yet.
    Anyhow, would you recommend I start work on a service like this? Btw, there are a handful of genres I do enjoy. I'm just not good as keeping up to finish them.
    Children's Fantasy Author
    Hidden Content

Purchase my book at Hidden Content

Just my opinion but I doubt most writer's blogs get many hits, let alone sales from them. I'd just put that effort into writing another book instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sunaynaprasad View Post
    Although there are already so many blog tour services online that do this for authors, I'm thinking about starting one myself for a few reasons:

1. Some bloggers weren't good enough about getting back to me, even though many were and did successful blog tours for my books.
    2. I feel that if I want others to support me, I should return the favor. I'm already doing that on Wattpad. I follow others, like, and comment on their stories, but I have not uploaded my permafree eBook yet. I feel that I want to have a platform there before uploading my own content.
    3: Although I love writing, I don't enjoy reading except if it's to help me with something, required (which shouldn't apply now that I'm out of college and don't have a full-time career yet), or an online news article that captures my attention. And even with those, I am not super-passionate about them.
    4: I think it's a good form of discipline to keep myself busy and have "homework". My idea is to attract authors, read their books they'd request that I might enjoy and review them, set up interview questions, publish guest posts, promo posts, offer giveaways, and share excerpts from peoples' books. Although I do work in my dad's office twice a week and six hours a day, I think this should be good for me. I feel that if I support others, maybe some will return the favor.
    And honestly, I should read more. I loved reading fiction for pleasure until 4th grade. And it has remained that way since. I'm in my mid-20's now and that lack of passion for reading fiction has stayed. The only exception was in 8th and 9th grade, when I would just read "Harry Potter" for pleasure. Since finishing that series, though, the absence of interest in fictional works has come back and stayed.
    So, is this a good idea to proceed with this? Would people actually trust me? While I've published 8 books, only 2 are on the market as the others weren't great. They were just decent and the first one was just terrible. The 2 selling books are getting great reviews, even if they're a bit slow since I no longer pay for review services, including those that only guarantee honest and unbiased reviews as those got deleted constantly.
    But if my brand name doesn't matter, and the service sounds appealing as well as my communication skills and professionalism, would this likely be successful?
    Should I charge for the service too? Or can it be non-profit and the money goes to charities, or free? I'm not financially independent yet.
    Anyhow, would you recommend I start work on a service like this? Btw, there are a handful of genres I do enjoy. I'm just not good as keeping up to finish them.

I did that for a while - was quite successful too. But it is very time consuming, so I quit.

It seems like every writer I have met who has a blog spends more time maintaining their blog than actually writing anything.
    Really, the things seem like a time-waster.

Also, there are lots of better ways to support other writers.
    Nuthin' says luvin' like retweets, shares, and reciprocal posts.
    on twitter I follow followers and retweet retweeters.