Hi! Hi! Hi!

Thread: Hi! Hi! Hi!

Yeah, that cool emoji is a flaw we have here (#%^* gremlins!). I think you have to maybe lose the final bracket. Typing the eight the way you're supposed to always brings up the emoji. Anyway, welcome to All Things Music again
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Hey, I took the liberty of fixing the gremlin

A great intro, sustrai! And thank you for reminding me about the Moody BLues. I've added nights in white satin to my top 10 songs...
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I might mention that the Moody Blues are on my Top 100 artists thread in this sub-forum. There are three on your list that I noticed that will be on my list in the future (I just posted No.58 today). Trollheart also has some very interesting journals here as well and Badhouses is doing one on the Tragically Hip. We're still a budding group but we're growing.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Hey sustrai! Great to have another music fanatic here. Most people have their heads buried in books (what? It's a writing forum? Why am I only being told this now?) so it's a treat to have someone who's as into music as Musty and I. I'm not quite as old as you, but not that far behind (born in '63) and am a prog rock and metal fanatic, though I'm into a lot of other music too, as you'll see from my various threads and journals. Hope you'll check some out, maybe start your own, and look forward to seeing you around the place.

Your comment about your parents wanting you to be a lawyer reminds me of one of Springsteen's intros to one of his songs on a bootleg, not sure which one. I can't remember it verbatim but if I remember he tells it something like this:

"Mom wanted me to be a doctor and heal people, dad wanted me to be an author and write books, so they send me up to this hill where I'm supposed to talk to God and figure out what I'm gonna be. Mom says to me "You tell him you want to be a doctor and heal people, you tell him you want to be an author and write books, but you don't tell him NOTHIN' about that goddamn guitar." I say to my dad, what should I say to God? He says "You tell him you want to be a doctor and heal people, you tell him you want to be an author and write books, but you don't tell him NOTHIN' about that goddamn guitar."

So I go to the hill, and I look up in the sky and I say "Hey God, it's me, Bruce. I got a problem. See, my mom wants me to be a doctor and heal people, and my dad wants me to be an author and write books. But you see, here's the problem God: I got this here guitar..."

and from on high I hear
    LET IT ROCK!!!!!
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten