IT'S HERE! THE WF TOP 100 SONGS NOMINATIONS THREAD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT'S HERE! THE WF TOP 100 SONGS NOMINATIONS THREAD!

Cool IT'S HERE! THE WF TOP 100 SONGS NOMINATIONS THREAD!

Okay, so the WF top 100 albums idea was a dud. So, what does Musty do when he gets drunk on chocolate milk? Well, why not start a WF top 100 songs thread?

Well, why not? I know most of you have to have your favorite songs out there. Did you ever wonder how your favorite songs rate with the rest of our WF family? Okay, maybe you donít, but I do, because Iím curious that way.

The idea is to collect as many ballots as possible either by posting in this thread or by PM, and weíll post the final top 100 on New Yearís Eve.

So, how do we do this? Itís simple, you post your favorite ten songs, in order from one to ten. Your top song will be worth ten points, your second favorite song, nine points, and so on. Only one top ten per customer, any extra ballots from the same member will be ignored so as to be fair to everyone.

So post your ballot on this thread or PM your ballot to either me or Trollheart

The deadline to get your ballots in will be at 11:59 PM GMT on December 15, 2019 so as to give us time to tally the votes. The final top 100 list will be posted on December 31, 2019.

So get those ballots in and see how your favorite songs fare on the WF Top 100.

* Tiebreaker methods have yet to be determined but the primary tiebreaker will likely be determined by a major music site that ranks songs. Trollheart and I will duke this one out
    It's here! Hidden Content

​List your top ten songs before December 15. The WF 100 will be posted December 31. Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Standard ballot template...

1. (10 pts)
    2. (9 pts)
    3. (8 pts)
    4. (7 pts)
    5. (6 pts)
    6. (5 pts)
    7. (4 pts)
    8. (3 pts)
    9. (2 pts)
    10 (1 pt)

* You can list honorable mentions if you want, but they won't count in the final tallies except perhaps for tiebreaker purposes.

​List your top ten songs before December 15. The WF 100 will be posted December 31. Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

This is gonna be tough. I'm looking forward to making an attempt.
    I sprayed spot remover on my dog and now he's gone. - S. Wright.

Better hurry up; you only have a month and a half

Same general rules apply, one artist per top ten. If someone was in a band (or bands) and/or was a solo act, that can count as multiple artists. Good luck

Okay, I've got to listen to a lot of music to decide so I'll start my list here. I'll gradually add to to the list then put them in order later.

Forever Autumn / Thunderchild.(Justin Hayward)The War Of The Worlds in concert-Jeff Wayne

The Beatles - Yesterday

Katie Melua - Spider's Web

Madonna - Frozen (Official Music Video)

The Sound of Silence Original Version from 1964

John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders (Official Audio)

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight LIVE HD

Fleetwood Mac ~ Albatross (HQ)

I heard it through the grapevine - Creedence

That'll Be The Day - The Buddy Holly

Ritchie Valens - La Bamba

Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues

Last edited by PiP; November 3rd, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hi, Sustrai. I'm guessing you're a Jefferson Airplane fan? You should start a journal in our Artists and Genres sub-forum. We could use some fresh blood.

Anyway, welcome.

I love the San Francisco sound. I actually visited San Francisco in 1997 just to see what Haight-Ashbury looked like. I like Airplane and the Dead too plus Quicksilver, Janis Joplin, the usual suspects basically. I'd love to hear your take on that period.

This is hard, Musty. I started with 25 but not really sure if I liked one of them over the other. The poet in me loves lyrics, and the writer in me loves stories.

1.Judy Collins - Farewell to Tarwathie (with the singing whales in the background)
    2.Crosby, Stills and Nash - Southern Cross
    3.Paul Simon - The Boxer
    4.Nina Simon - House of the Rising Sun
    5.Ian Tyson - Navajo Rug
    6.Willie Nelson - Lonely Street
    7.Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lighting
    8.Robert Earl Keen - The Road Goes on Forever
    9.Roberta Flack - The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face
    10.Ed Bruce - The last Cowboy Song

Followed by (in no particular order)
    Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
    Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
    Tom Russell - Tonight We Ride
    Charlie Robison - My Hometown
    Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis
    James McMurtry - See the Elephant
    Chuck Berry - Roll Over, Beethoven
    Harry Belafonte - Island in the Sun

CCR - Bad Moon Rising
    Janice Joplin - Me & Bobby McGee
    MIdnight Special - Leadbelly
    Lyle Lovett - Church
    Del Shannon - Runaway

Note: on #1, it was more the experience; an outdoor concert, first date with my future wife, Judy Blue Eyes voice, it was magic. (Okay, it was the romantic in me)
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

First thoughts - I may return to tweak this ...

1. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
    2. If you Could Read my Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
    3. I got you, Babe - Sonny and Cher
    4. We've Only Just Begun - The Carpenters
    5. Here Comes the Sun - George Harrison
    6. Secret Garden - Bruce Springsteen
    7. Memory - Andrew Lloyd Weber
    8. La Marseillaise - Claude de Lisle
    9. Fernando - ABBA
    10. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
    Last edited by Harper J. Cole; November 13th, 2019 at 12:31 AM.
    My novels Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

You can find me on Twitter: Hidden Content

Don't worry. You have plenty of time.

You do need to change either Here Comes the Sun or Across the Universe since we have a one artist per member's top ten rule. I know; I like the Beatles too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast