Online Vs. Real Life Personas - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online Vs. Real Life Personas

No I have not tried a mental health forum but I will consider it in the future should I encounter any problem. I didn't mean to sound critical with my response. Hopefully all is well.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    Ditto. Unless I'm dropping mad hints, most people think I'm a guy.
    In the beginning I thought that as well. I think it was your interest in horror and your writing style that confused me at first. IRL I don't think I know any women who have this kind of "encyclopedia knowledge" of horror.
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    In the beginning I thought that as well. I think it was your interest in horror and your writing style that confused me at first. IRL I don't think I know any women who have this kind of "encyclopedia knowledge" of horror.
    That you think I've got an encyclopedia knowledge of horror surprised the hell out of me (so much so that I might even have a snowball's chance of heaven... if I could just stop working on my literary psychological horror+erotic romance [read: chock full of polyamorous LGBT+ sthexth] +sci-fi/cosmic horror WIP. Alas, it is NaNo, so I'm gonna burn).

I take it as a proof of just how different people seem online as opposed to IRL. Of course, I don't think I've got an encyclopedia knowledge about anything. Maybe I'm just overestimating encyclopedias though. After all, I ripped the spelling of my handle from one (and it's totally misspelled).
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12