Oct '19 LM: "Urban Fairytale / Dialogue-only" - Scores - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oct '19 LM: "Urban Fairytale / Dialogue-only" - Scores

Well done all, and thanks to the judges for their time.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    I didn't fully feel the title and its reveal in the text worked for me - is that legitimate slang where you are?
    Funny you ask, since "the golden ticket" actually came from a news article about identity theft I was reading at the time of writing. They said something along the lines of "well if they have you drivers license and your mobile number that's their golden ticket". They were especially referencing the outdated Western Australia law that does not allow one to change their driver's license number even if it is compromised, the DL number pretty much stays with the individual. So if an identity thief has it they can pretty much milk it permanently. (or at least until it expires) And yes, one identity thief actually did take out a mortgage under someone's name. Imagine that. One day debt collectors call you because you aren't paying thousands on a mortgage somewhere and there are tens of thousands worth of debt under your name.

Actually, here is the article.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-...posed/11439668
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Funny you ask, since "the golden ticket" actually came from a news article about identity theft I was reading at the time of writing. They said something along the lines of "well if they have you drivers license and your mobile number that's their golden ticket". They were especially referencing the outdated Western Australia law that does not allow one to change their driver's license number even if it is compromised, the DL number pretty much stays with the individual. So if an identity thief has it they can pretty much milk it permanently. (or at least until it expires) And yes, one identity thief actually did take out a mortgage under someone's name. Imagine that. One day debt collectors call you because you aren't paying thousands on a mortgage somewhere and there are tens of thousands worth of debt under your name.

Actually, here is the article.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-...posed/11439668
    Right, yep I thought it might be something like that.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Congratulations to the WINNERS. Thank you judges for the hard work and critiques. So appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12