NaNoWriMo 2019

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019

Who is going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

*raises tentative hand* I think I need the push back into the writing mosh pit. Are you, Pip?
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

I'm tempted, but I'll only have three weeks as we are visiting the UK for 8 days in November and I don't have a laptop. I completed NaNo in 2012 in three weeks but that was then. Lol ... I have too many distractions now!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I think I'm going to go for it. I've never written a novel before so it should be interesting.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

Probably not. Hopefully, I'll have my WIP done before the 50K mark from now. Story's already 201K, and I've been adding about 1K+ per day for a couple months now. Don't think I'll have enough story left to do another 50K after November starts (or at least, I hope not--this thing's too huge already). Technically, I think I'm supposed to start an all-new project for NaNo anyway, and that ain't happening because--even once I'm done with this first draft--I'll be stuck in rewriting hell for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by seigfried007; October 18th, 2019 at 04:03 PM.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Chris View Post
    I think I'm going to go for it. I've never written a novel before so it should be interesting.
    That's great! We can at least try
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    I'm tempted, but I'll only have three weeks as we are visiting the UK for 8 days in November and I don't have a laptop. I completed NaNo in 2012 in three weeks but that was then. Lol ... I have too many distractions now!
    Welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Welcome home.
    According to my Brexit 'leave' friends, the UK is not my home I am a displaced person. Hey, we could certainly write over 50, 000 words about Brexit
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    According to my Brexit 'leave' friends, the UK is not my home I am a displaced person. Hey, we could certainly write over 50, 000 words about Brexit
    But they aren't really friends, are they? Did you have a say in the 2016 referendum? I understand that people who have lived abroad more than fifteen years didn't get a vote.
    I don't know where in the UK you are headed, but if you're anywhere around Gatwick way I'd be delighted to meet up for coffee. I'm in nearby Crawley, about four miles from the airport.

EDIT:
    I've probably read over fifty thousand words on Brexit, and written a few thousand myself. However, I try to keep that off this site and post it to Quora. Although you're not allowed to, I use a pseudonym on there.

SECOND EDIT: There's a crucial vote in the Commons on Saturday. It could go either way. The vote is whether to accept the squidgy deal that Boris negotiated. If it falls, there might be enough support to run another referendum with squidgy deal and Remain as the choices. It could happen, but it's so close it could go either way. I heard on Radio 4 earlier that they reckon it's currently 300 apiece with 39 who could vote either way. Penalty shoot-out, I reckon.
    The deal sounds like yet another fudge but, hopefully, fudge will be tariff-free.
    Last edited by Phil Istine; October 18th, 2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: addenda

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast