NaNoWriMo 2019 - Page 6

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2019

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Chris View Post
    I'm at 20,026 words. I think this is the longest I've ever written. What I enjoy about this is that I'm engrossed the process of writing, letting myself succumb to the rhythm of the language. It's not the finished product I'm concerned about here (because in all honestly thing is zero draft of likely four). It's a breath of fresh air to merely write for the sake of writing.

Sometimes I think writers become too engrossed in the mechanics/theory of writing rather than just enjoying the journey and where your thoughts take you.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post

Sometimes I think writers become too engrossed in the mechanics/theory of writing rather than just enjoying the journey and where your thoughts take you.
    Yeah, it's that self-deprecating inner-critic which is useful for revisions, but needs to mind their own business during the initial draft.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

PiP

Much depends on my personal life. As it sets right now; I won't be participating. There will be a lot of adjustments even if my wife is out of the hospital.

A poet friend
    RH Peat

Ron, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew with National Novel Writing Month (writing 50,000 words during November) ... but I am a stubborn old bird (as you know) so I'm going to do my best to see it through. I hope your wife is on the road to recovery and by the time NaPoWriMo comes around in April, you will both be fit and well so you are able to participate.

Yesterday's word count 2729

Now
    20268 words
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Did 1880 today. Too busy editing and doubting what I'm doing. I know I shouldn't. Plus, I've got the kids this weekend, and I want to spend time with them... but I'm stuck in a big, fat lump of sex scenes seemingly. Silly characters refuse to just move on with their lives.

22,412 so far towards the 50K. WIP @ 239,901
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Now at
    22997 / 50000
    total words

I was hoping to hit 25,000 by the end of today but think that will be pushing it as I am out of 'focus' with writing today - too many distractions.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

At 24, 015. Did 2,378 yesterday (which is sad because I wanted to try for the double up thing). Total word count is 246,279.

Making less progress 'cause I'm being bad and editing as I go (though I'm editing less than usual). Also researching, juggling scenes around, focusing too much on which one's I'm going to delete later... and trying to spend time with family.
    Last edited by seigfried007; November 10th, 2019 at 06:33 PM.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Only hit 1114 words yesterday. I thought I'd written 2114 but obviously I can't count This means I failed to hit my goal of 25,000 by Sunday night. I did, however, watch a good film about the Beatles music.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

25,799 now. Only did 1784. Meh.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Only hit 1114 words yesterday. I thought I'd written 2114 but obviously I can't count This means I failed to hit my goal of 25,000 by Sunday night. I did, however, watch a good film about the Beatles music.
    I was watching a fiction film too yesterday evening about Beatles' music. Was it the one called Yesterday? A neat idea for a story.