NaNoWriMo 2019 - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2019

It's a pity that NaNoWriMo has passed because I've dreamed up a corker of an idea for a story. Yes, I know ideas are two a penny, but I'd be surprised if this one has been tried before. I know everyone says that but I'll start planning it out in a couple of weeks - after the hagglers have been and gone from viewing my flat.

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Well done, seigfried! I don't envy your task of editing the beastie I am nowhere near finished my beast but I'm now wondering do I still continue to write using SOC and just lay down the bones of the story or do take a more organised approach?
    SOC is frequently tiring and irritating to read, so I try to avoid it when I can. It can also devolve into meandering navel-gazing.

I do some of both. Not writing a memoir, but the effect is somewhat similar in that I'm using a first-person perspective. I'm using SOC more to show the emotional state of a given character. One of the POVs is a rather neurotic fellow, so SOC gets used to show how scattered, emotional and overwhelmed he can be. That character outwardly appears to have his shizznit together; dude lies something fierce with his body language, so I have to give an insider's perspective on what's going on in there. Even non-neurotic characters get their moments to shine in SOC or something closer to it; but again, it's about showing just how overwhelmed said characters are..
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

In the smoke and flames from my burning ships and bridges.
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to the winners, good job.
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213